*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. romanstyle

romanstyle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay, so after months of waiting I finally got my hands on an Aero 15X. First impressions have been positive, gone trough all the tuning etc. Installed all my essential software and now I notice this very annoying thing in both my Photoshop and Autodesk Maya.

In both programs there is this brightness flickering in my workspace (it does not affect the UI). After doing my research supposedly it's a known issue related to the combination of the Intel HD 630 graphics and the dedicated GeForce.

(Surprisingly no post on Maya issues found(

As described:
    https://communities.intel.com/thread/129879
    https://communities.intel.com/thread/127426

I just updated my drivers to the latest Intel drivers. My Geforce drivers I had kept to the 23.21.13.8892 drivers it came with as read bad things about the updates and battery life.

Just wanted to updated the Geforce drivers to see if that did the trick. But the latest drivers are not compatible with the Windows update that was forced on me yesterday (updates have now been fully bloked..).

I really hope someone has been able to fix these issues as I really wan't to keep the laptop, but it will have to go back if I can not normally do my work on it.

Any tips?

2. Ollie222

Ollie222 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's very helpful, thanks.

3. TiGrr

TiGrr Newbie

Reputations:

Can you check if this video will help you to fix it
    https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=fqUCncks7_I&t

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  4. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I use photoshop and maya and I don't experience these issues . . I have a aero 15v7
    Intel driver: 25.20.100.6326
    Nvidia driver: 25.21.14.1694

You need to download your intel driver from intel and not from smartupdate as the drivers there are outdated

Use the intel driver and support assistance software and it will update all your drivers like wifi as well

Benjammin2jah and romanstyle like this.
  5. eivissa

eivissa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I have recently received my 15X V8 and so far I am pretty happy with it. CPU Undervolting Core/Cache by 0.150 worked like a charm and the 1070MQ is happily taking +175/+750 on Core and Ram. Cinebench, Heaven, Superposition and Firestrike are all kicking out nice results, but...MSI Afterburner and GPU-Z show that the card never goes above 0.800V (shouldnt my limit be 1.062V ???).

0.800V means that the GPU never exceeds 78°C and with the +175Mhz Core the Frequency jumps around 1500 and 1702 while frequently hitting PWR Limit.

What am I missing here? Why is my card never going past this very low voltage?

It took me a while to understand that the silent fan profile limits my CPU from boosting properly, so is this a similar situation? I am running all benchmarks in the Fan profile Game Mode, as have most of the reviewers of this unit. Any advice is much appreciated!

6. romanstyle

romanstyle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for pointing that out, and I actually had good hopes. So I now updated all drivers to the actual latests.
    The Maya issue was actually fixed before by setting it to DX11. The Photoshop issue still occurs, although maybe slighty less strong.
    It's best readable in the grey area around the canvas, it just constantly shifts value of grey, but also the actual content of the canvas.

https://prnt.sc/lqplwg

Sad as I just see recent posts on this issue and no clear solutions, strange no one else on here has had it as far as I can search.

Also I just had my first random BSOD since I had the laptop 6 days ago. So I might be reverting to a restore point just before.
    And still contemplating if to keep it, as I don't really like how it's constantly having loud fans even without actual work being done and set to silent profile..

7. Momoware

Momoware Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got the crucial one too, but Gigabyte at the time was not able to confirm for me that it would work. Rather, Crucial website stated that it would work with Aero 15x, so I went with that...

8. Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful Newbie

Reputations:
  9. eivissa

eivissa Newbie

Reputations:
    Could anyone please share what their maximum 1070maxQ GPU voltage is according to GPU-Z or Afterburner under load in gaming or synthetic benchmarks? I would just like to know if my 0.8V maximum are a problem (hardware/driver/bios) or just the normal limit set by Gigabyte. According to this thread it should be 1.062V!
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...5-w-x-v7-v8-common-problems-solutions.816143/

A simple "yes, I am getting 0.8V too" or "Nope, mine goes way higher at XXXX volts, yours sucks" will do ;-)

EDIT: Solved! 0.8V is indeed the maximum for the 1070 max Q GPU :-(

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. yurec-rs

yurec-rs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys,

Is there are a way to disable installing of the power management profiles during SmartManager installation?

Looks like employees of the GIGABYTE are stupid. Why they are using hard locked frequencies for CPU in the power management profiles? Why only 3 power states are presented: 1.7 ghz - 2.6 ghz - 3.9 ghz with power saving/balanced/high-performance profiles accordingly? Why not used dynamic power states when CPU changes voltage/frequencies according to the load?

GIGABYTE Engineers - what are you smoking? :confused: