*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. tsondie21

tsondie21 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been having a lot of trouble with Smart Manager after updating it. I frequently use the fn+esc to switch between fan speeds, and now it only works if I literally have the smart manager window open - which totally defeats the purpose.

2. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, you can "manually" change between iGPU and dGPU. Your HDMI/DP ports go directly to the dGPU while your TB3 port goes directly to the iGPU. There is no way these can be changed, so if you plug a monitor into that port, thats what you get.

3. L_A_B

L_A_B Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thx!
    And just last question)
    If I would connect external display to TB3 port it is mean that even under the heavy load dGPU will be inactive?

4. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    From my understanding, yes. At least this is the case for rendering. I think you could still access the dGPU if you aren't using it to render to the screen. For example, you could probably train a neural network on the dGPU and the iGPU would still be the only thing rendering to the TB3 monitor. I haven't personally tested that, so I could be wrong.

5. Lord_Erik

Lord_Erik Newbie

Reputations:
    I am new here in this forum. So please be gentle. :)
    I recently bought an Aero 15x v8 and is now planning to add an additional 16GB memory in which will be paired to the existing 16GB V-Color 2666Mhz CL19.
    Buying a 32GB kit is not an option.

I saw this one at Amazon Canada, its a Crucial 16GB CL19 with model number CT16G4SFD8266. Will this memory can be paired with the existing V-Color? If not your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Crucial-Single-PC4-21300-SODIMM-260-Pin/dp/B071KP8CGJ

6. E Groot

E Groot Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I have bought a Aero 15x with the latest Bios firmware 8b. I have the described Kingston ram CBD26D4S9D8ME-16 and I bought the Kingston KVR26S19D8/16 to make a dual memory 32 GB ram system. But as I hoped it to be compatible with the Aero, it seems not, as with it in I does not start up and restarts after shutdown. I have looked carefully and the extra number is different from the one above. Above it is 9905703-009.A00G. But the memory I have has almost the same number but: 9905703-008.A00G. Could that be a different version? Or is it because I have a newer bios version? I struggle now what to do?

7. MonkeyPorter

MonkeyPorter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Lord_Erik,

It does look like that module has the chance to be compatible with the V-Color at 2666 (1333.3MHz) 19-19-19-43, but with memory there's really no guarantee that it will work unless you get a kit. However, I will say that in the past I had the V-Color work (albeit at slower speeds) with a G.SKILL F4-2666C18-16GRS so cross-brand can work.

Just FYI, I eventually went with the Kingston HX426S15IB2K2/32 32GB kit after a lot of fussing around with different kits that didn't work and were on the compatibility list!

Good luck!
    Alternatively I have the stock V-Color 16GB stick if you're interested in buying that off me, which should definitely be compatible with your current stick. PM me if so!

8. Lord_Erik

Lord_Erik Newbie

Reputations:
    @MonkeyPorter
    I don't know how to PM you, anyway if you can PM me the price of your 16GB V-Color memory that would be great. Thanks.

9. humdandipto

humdandipto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone share all the high resolution wallpapers of Aero 15 (both from v7 & v8). I've been searching all over the internet but couldn't seem to find them anywhere.

10. yurec-rs

yurec-rs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, I've read datasheet about Core 8th generation and the restriction of the memory modules using inside CPU memory controller.

S-Processor 6+2/8+2 DDR4 2666 MT/s 2DPC UDIMM is supported when channel is populated with the
    same UDIMM part number.

I have installed hyperx 2x16 modules and it works on 2666 in dual channel.