*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Momoware

Momoware Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've spent much time googling it and trying many things a few months ago (wanted to play PC Forza 7 on my HDR TV) with no luck. My conclusion is also that the Intel IGP is not able to pass the HDR signal through and that even when you use the nVidia GTX 1060, it still relies on the Intel controller due to Optimus :(

factory_666 likes this.
  4. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    New Nvidia Official Driver on SmartUpdate, hopefully it solve the driver power state failure issue.

p.s: Seems I can't update it, even though I use Gigabyte SmartUpdate?
    Nvidia installer cannot continue.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  5. Momoware

Reputations:
    Just use Geforce Experience to update your driver, maybe?
    PS: I've never gottend a driver power state failure on my machine.

6. steakikan

Reputations:
    Have tried the Geforce Experience driver, when using battery it won't turn off the Nvidia card (can see the card running at low speed in HWinfo). This driver at least doesn't suck juices from the battery afaik (tested it and it can run about 4.5-6hour on light use).

edit: Experiencing driver power state failure again, seems it is not coming from Nvidia driver tho as zero use of the Nvidia card still cause issue. I bet it is more on the Intel side as before it happen there is a major system lag/freeze even without Nvidia activated.

7. Momoware

Reputations:
    I get around 4.5-5.5 hrs on battery (browsing with multiple tabs in Chrome) and 4k screen. I never actually checked to see if my dGPU is active tho. But battery life remains the same after I set Nvidia global setting to iGPU.

8. steakikan

Reputations:
    That was actually a very good battery life for 4k screen, I only got about 3hour when the bug occurs and about 5hour without that bug (but I use Firefox, which may affect other things too). I use BatteryBar Pro and HwInfo to check my usage before and after the bugs and found about 10watt difference (around 9.8-16watt on Intel with undervolting and 24-32watt with Nvidia bugs, the Nvidia card itself used about 9-11watts on reported TDP in HwInfo). I also reduce screen refresh rate to 60hz as tutorials, but it seems doesn't affect much battery life.

9. xdotx

xdotx Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum!
    I'm not sure if someone already posted it but I couldn't find anything about it. I have the aero 15x with the I7 7700, and I'm looking for a docking station, id like something vertical and keep the laptop close, I have an external monitor anyway.
    Any idea?

10. tonysunshine

tonysunshine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered and applied this exact skin from aliexpress. I requested to the seller that they leave the GIGABYTE Logo on the lid top skin and bottom bezel NOT cut out, so I can cover it up. Works pretty well. From certain angles you can still see the GIGABYTE letters on the top of the lid due to them not sitting flush with the rest of the lid, but not bad. Skin texture is nice. Alignment of the cutouts for the webcam and LED status lights is not the best, but for the price I'm happy