*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi i just updated the new SmartManager 18.0.25 from 18.0.22. with Smartupdate
    Is this verison working for anyone as when I press agree conditions no SmartManager window will open on my aero?

2. TheCloudX

TheCloudX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Deleted

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  3. megadip

megadip Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone's smart manager crash when you select Deep on Fan control?? I recently updated to 18.0.2.5?

4. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nevermind - it didn't work. Whatever I choose closes the program, although it stays in the background hogging the memory until I End Task or Restart.

5. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For me it looks like like Gigabyte has no sort of software control.

6. Momoware

Momoware Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone used a Crucial 16gb 2666 memory on their aero 15x? Model number is CT16G4SFD8266, and the Crucial website says it's compatible with 15x.

7. cetteh

cetteh Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anybody else have a slight bluish tint on the right and left sides of their screens? Gigabyte has already given me an RMA number but I just wanted to know if there were any solutions before I sent it in. Best picture I could take is attached.

Attached Files:

8. factory_666

Reputations:
    It might not be the screen itself, but rather something in the Display settings. I'm currently setting up my 15x with a new Samsung UHD TV and while I was playing around with Display settings this exact same thing came up on the settings screen as well (only not on my monitor, but the TV screen). I kept changing things (RGB, resolution, refresh rate in the Display settings) and eventually it went away. I can't replicate it.

9. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone successfully setup a dual boot with Ubuntu/Linux on the Aero 15xV8?

10. factory_666

Reputations:
    Anyone had luck getting HDR through an external screen? I've tried connecting to an HDR enabled TV and the HDR option is always greyed out. The cable I use is an HDMI 2.0 that came with PS4 Pro and it passes HDR signal on this TV when playing PS4 (same HDMI port too), so it's not the cable or port. I've already set the resolution in Windows down to 1080p and set refresh rate down to 60 hz - that didn't help. Is the conclusion that Optimus is unable to pass an HDR signal?

I have 15x 2017 version.
    My Windows 10 is 64bit Home 1803
    Nvidia 23.21.13.9101
    Intel HD - 23.20.16.4973 (that's what Smart Update shows, not sure it's the official name).