*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. ClstrKid

ClstrKid Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay , i guess its fine then, package TDP is averaging 3 (apart from some 12W spikes which happen sometimes). And ~9W plugged

yeah it's actually not that hot, I was expecting it to throttle as Fortnite in ultra is quite demanding. I am not getting over 80°C. Which makes me thinks something isnt giving its best somewhere

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The keyboard that they replace does have the new shift key, ghosting wise it seems quite ok afaik (need to test in some other games). There is a little problem with it tho, sometimes it does double type tho not as bad as shown on Youtube.

Anyway, if I set the display to 60hz in Intel Graphic Setting, it seems that setting persist thru game, does anyone knows how to change it automatically to 144hz on apps basis?

3. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    New Smart Manager v7.4.5 for Aero 15v7 (previous version 7.0.5)
    According to the number it should be quite a big change but actually I can't see any difference...

4. Andrei Ungureanu

Andrei Ungureanu Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I will try my luck here.. so is someone that can help me with the update exe for FB07/F007 BIOS Update?
    It seems that is no longer available on Gigabyte's Support page. I've been looking everywhere on the internet but no result.

I have serous issues with the FB08/F007 -> my laptop display is not working anymore. I'm using right now an external display. This issue appear right after 2 restarts with the new update. I tried to reinstall the update and resenting the CMOS but with no luck.

EDIT: forgot to mention for Aero 15X (i7-8750H)

Thank you in advice!

5. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Wild guess, but try messing with energy settings. This laptop has more options than a usual laptop due to the Smart Manager. Sometimes things get confused and I've definitely been in situations when the games would suddenly run weird. Make sure that in Smart Manager you have the fans set to Max or Gaming mode (I don't know how they are called, my Smart Manager is permanently stuck in Taiwanese). Make sure the battery profile is set to High Performance. Make sure when you click on the little battery symbol in the right bottom corner of the desktop that it doesn't have any Battery saver or other economical settings turned on. Also when connecting to the external monitor, make sure only that monitor is a chosen display, not "Duplicate" or "Extend" option. Sometimes I would keep the laptop closed and it would switch randomly to "Duplicate" and I wouldn't see it cause the screen is closed. This causes a 40% dip in FPS.

6. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I installed it now as well and can confirm it's still the same crappy design

7. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would like to know if its normal that HWMonitor is showing that the Aero 15x always uses the Power Hungry Nvidia GPU instead of the more power friendly Intel GPU?
    I´m on Normal Fan mode with Auto Power mode in Smart Manager 18.0.2.2.

upload_2018-10-18_22-46-12.png

8. bl00dcat

bl00dcat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have on Aero 15x old BIOS version FB06 and it's work well. Should I update to last version FB08 ? What they update in this firmware ? power consumed ? stable system ? improved performance ? I mean - should I update it or not ? )

9. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope, if it works then let it be.

10. cetteh

cetteh Newbie

Reputations:
    I just received my Aero 15w-v8 a couple of days ago but it seemed to have incredibly bad backlight bleed. I can notice a slight bluish hue on the right third of my screen. Is that normal or should I look to return it?

Attached Files: