*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. margroloc

margroloc Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I got them from ebay a week ago when there was a sitewide 15% off.
    I didn't update the BIOS because I didn't want to break anything. I was only going to update if the ram didn't work but fortunately it does.

2. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay thanks for the feedback. I dual boot Windows 10 and macOS so it's probably related to that. In the end I had to re-install Windows.

3. ouhshuo

ouhshuo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Bad news, I have tried with two G.skill sticks. They don't work together. However 1 g.skill and 1 kingston CBDxxx ram would boot. I have contacted the local service centre for an RMA now. Either get a new machine or get refund eventually.

4. xeo2766

xeo2766 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Folks,

I got my hands on aero15x v8 with v-color rams. I ordered another pair via a seems to be taiwan website https://global.pchome.com.tw/english/prod/DRAC13-A90095WGM and reached Singapore in about 1 weeks time.
    I did 2 full runs on memtest86 uefi and it seems stable on the latest FB08 14/09/18 bios.

Solved the ACPI error 13, please look for intel driver HM370. I have updated and since no more ACPI error
    However, like many i also have the ACPI error 13, does anyone know if there is a fix ? Still persist after updating the correct chipset driver.

Thanks all for reading

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  5. marltonn

marltonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It took me a couple of tries to get my GSKILL to boot in single channel. Had to boot with V-Color in Dual Channel, enter bios, restore optimal settings & save changes. Then it would boot with the single stick and allow me to enter bois & save changes. I did the same thing with the opposite configuration. You might have to mess with it a bit.

6. ouhshuo

ouhshuo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I have tried that which manages to get my machine boot with Kingston KVR ram in single channel. but no luck with G.skill this time. It looks like it's a case by case basis. I have returned the machine.

7. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So after re-installing Windows from scratch to Windows 10, version 1809, I noticed that the laptop would no longer sleep/hibernate.

So this is how I fixed this issue:
    1. Open Settings
    2. Click on Update & Security
    3. Click on Troubleshoot
    4. Under Power click the "Run the troubleshooter" button
    5. Continue with the on-screen directions to fix the hibernation problem

bberry110 likes this.
  8. MonkeyPorter

MonkeyPorter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    G.SKILL F4-2666C18-16GRS Memory Update:

Bios FB08 /F007 does not improve compatibility with this memory (2x 16gb units).
    I'm going to return this and go with the Kingston HX426S15IB2K2/32 (KHX2666C15S4) as Margroloc mentioned and try my luck there.

9. xyzeratul

xyzeratul Newbie

Reputations:
    I've got this laptop for 4 months now, thinking of a SSD upgrade because running out of space, should I go for another XG3 then use as raid 0 or just put whatever cheaper SSD?

10. marltonn

marltonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It may be that the GSkill has to come in a 32GB kit, rather than buying two 16GB sticks separately. @ouhshuo did your 2x GSkill come together in a kit or separately?

I hear the Kingston kit is working for most, so you should be OK!