*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Asutt15

Asutt15 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Similar situation here, sent back my ram back before the update came out. Waiting for a refund so I can buy either G.Skill again or Kingston.

2. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. Xelux

Xelux Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you guys have the aero 15x v8? (important this model).

Can you send screenshot of HWinFo?

I'm at work (i cant check this right now), the screenshot is this:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/Notebooks/News/_nc3/HWinFo.png

Go to Bus - PCI Bus - And search one of the PCIexpress root (see screenshot):

Even if you don't have any thunderbolt 3 device attached, you should see that bus, and the important info is:

Pci Express:
    Version :
    Maximum Link Width:
    Maximo link speed:

I think this is to know if aero 15x v8 has full thunderbolt 3 support with 4 lanes (for better support eGPU).

Should be version 3 with 4x link and 8.0 GT/s

Thanks!

4. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When I customized the system, I did 32GB. They sent it with 2 Patriot sticks, but I realized they were running at 2400. This was before everyone knew how dumb the RAM situation was. HID confirmed it, and sent me the 2 Corsairs and I replaced them myself.

5. Asutt15

Asutt15 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Upgraded afterwards, but it really shouldn't matter, the product should do what it's advertised to do. Using approved ram and not having it work is frustrating.

6. jrmtz85

Reputations:
    In my case, the Corsairs were not on the approved list. Not sure if the list has changed, but when I got then, the list that was out there was just G.Skill, Kingston and V-Color.

7. jrmtz85

Reputations:
    The product page on the GB site specifically states TB3 40Gpbs.

8. Vlowman

Vlowman Newbie

Reputations:
    I'd be very grateful for your help. I have a 15x with a 7700HQ and a 1070MQ. The battery started draining in a way that I thought suggested that my attempts to set Civ 5 to run on Integrated Graphics (and thus battery) had triggered some sort of Optimus bug that was causing the 1070 to be engaged for all tasks. Although, windows task manager says that the 1070 is not being used, the Gigabyte Smart Dashboard is flicking between 'Idle' and saying that GPU is at 46 degrees celsius, while the battery continued to drain fast despite only having Firefox open.

However, thanks to a Reddit user it has become apparent that the problem is triggered when the laptop is turned on without being plugged into the AC - if you turn it on when plugged in and then go to battery, you don't get fast battery drain (regardless of whether it has anything to do with the 1070 or not). Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work 100% of the time and furthermore the user's suggested remedy of making sure you are on Smart Update's 'Official' rather than 'Latest' graphics drivers doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  9. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know it shouldnt matter and as you said is frustrating. But if you brought it from the HIDevolution, they will make sure it will work but if you buy it yourself, even if is on the list, it is a hit or miss.

10. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    upload_2018-10-4_6-51-48.png

I'm not sure if it is the thunderbolt, but it seems the one as it is hot plug.