*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No, it didn't. :oops:

After I installed the driver, the system was stable for several days and woke up from hibernation flawlessly with the 2nd display connected through the mini display port. Then suddenly (while just browsing and sending emails) the system froze and got unstable. I had to reboot and since then the issue returned: when waking up from hibernation, the second monitor is detected but is not operated. I just can not activate it after hibernation.

Any advice?

Windows Settings looks like this:
    CaptureDisplayInternal.PNG
    Display 1 is the internal display, display 2 is my external Dell U2515H which can not be operated.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. antovanbuuren

antovanbuuren Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I'm currently experiencing an issue with my aero15, whenever I connect the laptop to my external monitor, it just flashes black or sometimes says "no signal". I've checked the hdmi cables and external monitor with another laptop and they work fine. I've performed ddu and reinstall nividia and intel drivers but still hasn't resolved the problem. I've temporarily fixed the problem but switching from 60hz to 30hz on the external monitor. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been trying to solve this problem for a week now!

TIA

Attached Files:

• 30hz.png
      30hz.png
      File size:
      48.7 KB
      Views:
  3. humdandipto

humdandipto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Last night the vertical line disappeared and the screen is back to normal. I don't know why the lines appeared at first place & now it got fixed without doing anything. This is really weird. Btw I did not turned on my laptop for two days before last night. I hope the screen stays like this.

Anyways thanks for your suggestion. It would have been a really pain to send it back to a service center which are out of my country.

Just on a side note I want to mention one thing; Gigabyte fusion software for customizing keyboard is really crappy. It froze several times while adjusting the keyboard RGB. I think gigabyte should optimize their fusion software & also add more color pattern to it.

4. HermannnTheGerman

Reputations:
    Your monitor Dell P2417H also has a display port connector. Have you tried connecting your external display via DP instead of HDMI?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  5. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What does the different charging policy does? Anybody know the difference?

6. HermannnTheGerman

Reputations:
    I have no bluescreens at all on any other PC (not on business PC nor on PC of family members).

Yet on the AERO 15 it happened again:

IMG_1416k.JPG

Event log states: " The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041792, 0xffffe23efaedfd30, 0x0000001000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 4cf4b0fa-5268-4c61-8f02-c1f9f5a05c8c."

Would analyzing the memory dump help to identify the culprit and if so, how do I analyze the memory.dmp?

7. evil_crotch

evil_crotch Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes. I had to disable "update_start" from the "Start up". Restarted and everything is okay since then.

Benjammin2jah likes this.
  8. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How often do you get this error? Have you done a memtest to make sure your ram is ok? Do you have a single stick of 16gb or did you add a second one? Is your bios up to date and is smart manager up to date as well?

9. Asutt15

Asutt15 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alright, now riddle me this:

I have since received two sticks of G.Skill 16GB DDR4-2666 CL 18-18-18-43 1.20v SO-DIMM RAM. They are marked F4-2666C18D-32GRS. In CPU-Z, it displays the Part Number as "F4-2666C18-16GRS" which is identical to the number CPU-Z would display for the model G.Skill RAM in GIGABYTE's tested/approved table of compatible RAM.

Both sticks work individually in either SO-DIMM slot in single channel, and run at their advertised speed.

The stick of V-Color that shipped with the machine (with an identical model number to GIGABYTE's tested/approved table of compatible RAM) works individually in either SO-DIMM slot in single channel, and runs at its advertised speed.

Keep in mind that all of the timings on every stick use the JEDEC standard. No timings on any stick use XMP standard, so the factor of confusion as to whether the XMP speed "automatically activates" is eliminated.

No matter what configuration, one stick of V-Color and one stick of G.Skill (does not matter which stick is in which slot) runs in dual channel at a downclocked speed of 2400MHz (instead of 2666MHz as advertised).

When both IDENTICAL G.Skill sticks are placed in the SO-DIMM slots (does not matter which is in which slot), THE MACHINE WILL NOT BOOT. AT ALL. NOT EVEN BIOS. The screen and keyboard do not light up, and the fans start whirring in an attempt to turn on. When an attempt is made to shut down the machine with the power button, whether the power button is let go or continually held down, the machine immediately attempts to turn back on, and the fans start whirring again.

This happened to me as well when I originally had a configuration of one stick of V-Color and one stick of Corsair Vengeance 2666 as quoted. I can understand two different spec sticks not working together, but when two IDENTICAL sticks of RAM that the company has vouched will work don't work as intended, it makes me call into question the quality of their product. I could give the benefit of doubt and say the RAM is faulty, but at this point, I'm inclined to believe the motherboard is to blame. And for a company who is primarily known for producing motherboards, it does not leave me inclined to purchase their products again in the future.

Here are images of my testings in CPU-Z:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/hnd4O8J

(Was trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic, but was taking hours and read that it does not stress the RAM well enough to provide valid data. Someone commented to test with memstat, but it seems to be Linux only.)

I will send this RAM back and order two sticks of the Kingston RAM model on the table and see if it works. Crossing my fingers, I'll take it all back if it works.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    DVSman likes this.
  10. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey Aero 15 owners,

Can anybody tell me if G-Sync works on an external monitor when outputting via display port?

Thanks.