*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. rooney111

rooney111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I figured out the root cause and resolved the issue.

Smart manager was an older version and it was somehow causing the Bluetooth to turn off/disappear from Device Manager.
    Updated Smart Manager to the latest version which resolved the issue.

2. Aahi

Aahi Newbie

Reputations:
    I am having the same issue with my last two bios updates and I have upgraded ram from HIDevolution It's freaky as hell because it seems like it will never work again but eventually it does start up again after multiple restarts using a similar rythm as @jrmtz85 On my last update though, I unplugged the power adapter and it booted up, not sure if it was coincidence though because I had already resarted about 5 times already.

Anyway, good luck to anyone else with this problem.

xDjinn likes this.
  3. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    Maybe try F9 recovery, and avoid draining the battery out

4. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    Try F9 recovery or re-install Smart Manager

5. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Find the closest Gigabyte authorized repair center (probably would be India or Hong Kong) that work with Gigabyte warranty. The Warranty card that was included with your laptop should have a list of those centers with their contact info. (or search online or contact the Gigabyte representative who replies on this forum) . Get in touch with them and ask how to get your laptop fixed under warranty. They should fix your issue for free, but you will need to ship it to them. Shipping to India is probably a risky affair so if Hong Kong or Singapore are an option I'd choose that. I don't know if Gigabyte covers shipping to their warranty service. When my Aero 15x fell apart I had to pay for my own shipping to send to the closest repair center.

Another way is to call Gigabyte US service and ask them to explain how this works, but in my experience they have no idea how their company operates and would try to get you to send your laptop to the US, which is incorrect.

I used a service center in Poland and those guys were pretty great both in communication (in English) and fixed my laptop and shipped it back in a good packaging.

humdandipto likes this.
  6. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That depends on the warranty laws in your country. However, I haven't heard of anyone on here getting their warranty denied for opening the case. Especially since these devices are marketed as upgradeable.

7. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    2 suggestions:

1) disable your Nvidia card in the device manager and see what you get
    2) run an Ubuntu live CD and see what battery life you get

Just disabling the card in device manager will probably "fix" it. Meaning as previously stated, your dGPU keeps turning on when it shouldn't be. You say it's getting worse, but chances are it had a drastic drop when the problem initially showed up, and the battery life has gotten worse since because you have more programs installed/running.

8. rspt1908

rspt1908 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you :)

9. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone else experience brief but severe perform loss when the task manager is open? even the mouse cursor starts staggering . .

10. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Mh, I have task manager open - always. Recently, my system sometimes freezes for some 10-15 seconds and then I find a message in Event Viewer:
    Log Name: System
    Source: iaStorA
    Event ID: 129
    Level: Warning
    Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

Anything unusual in your event log? To access Event Viewer, just press Windows key and then start typing "Event Viewer". Event Viewer should be listed as "best match". Click on it to start the application. Navigate in the left bar to Windows Logs and open "System".