*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. snisni

snisni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, what is the best Nvidia driver for AERO 15 (i7-7700HQ)? Posted on gigabyte web site or the lates one from Nvidia expirience?

2. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm glad you asked.

I downloaded the driver from Gigabyte web site, see my posting.

However, my AERO 15 was still wonky (to the point of being almost unusable) until I also updated the Intel graphics driver, see my posting here.

3. Driftingnfsc3

Driftingnfsc3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey guys, i need some help. So i installed a clean image of win 10 onto my aero 15x v8, but left the recovery partitions on the drive intact. I was running into a plethora of issues with drivers and such, and some have said the factory image works better than a clean install. now, i did not make a recovery image before i did a clean install, because i thought that if i left the recovery image intact, i would be able to revert with a simple factory reset, just like any other device. However, i simply cannot get the computer to see go into the factory reset mode. F9 doesn't work at all. i tried using the F9 fix for build 1803 on gigabyte's website, and it still didn't work. what am i doing wrong? is it even possible to extract the image off of recovery image partition? im getting incredibly frustrated. i did noticed that when i installed a clean version of windows, it created its own 500MB recovery partition. is that coming in the way? i also tried deleting this recovery partition, in an attempt to get the computer to boot into gigabyte's factory recovery partition on its own, with no luck.

Can someone please help me out here on how to fix this mess by telling me how i can still use the factory recovery image still stored on the drive ;-;. Or at least give me the factory image for my machine QAQ. This is very depressing.

My machine is an Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P (4K, gtx 1070, black, 512GB ssd, 16GB ram)
    This thing has been giving me so many problems makes me wanna cry...got stuck with a $3k CAD lemon ;-;

4. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Received my aero 15x, I think mine is the older stock as I still got the LG panel and not the AUO panel.

5. humdandipto

humdandipto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you receive the laptop with updated shift keys?

6. gnlu26

gnlu26 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You're getting your math/units mixed up.

92watt-hours will only tell you how long your laptop will run at 180watt-200watts. IE, at peak capacity of 92 watt-hours / 180 watts will leave you with 0.51 hours of battery life. The laptop is actually 94.24watt-hours so the number will be 0.52 hours instead, not a big change.

What you seemingly meant to ask is can this laptop max out its power without the power cable, running only on battery. That requires slightly different math.

First, you should convert 94.24 whrs to something easier like mah. To do that we take whrs and multiply by our voltage (19.5V) to get ~4800mah or ~4.8amp-hours. This is useful because most batteries have a discharge rate spec. In this case if our battery is rated for 1C discharge, it can pull 4.8amps. Our computer needs 9.23amps for max power, which would be ~2C discharge rate. I don't know the exact model of our battery, so I can't find the actual discharge rate spec. However, typical LiPo batteries are rated for a discharge of 10C+, meaning this computer can almost certainly deliver max power on just the battery alone.

You don't see the system use full power on battery simply because of power saving settings keeping you from doing so. IE, by default on battery you will be limited to 30fps while gaming. Disable all the power saving features and you get the performance you expect from being plugged in...... for 30 minutes.

g85222456 and megadip like this.
  7. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope, I still got the old key. The ram is Kingston and I got the power adapter with USB. Right now I got a quite stable -160mv offset with prime95. Seems I got quite in between old and new stock.
    add1: and the SSD is actually transcend branded, I though it will be toshiba

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  8. megadip

megadip Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Yea, i am bad with maths :) Thanks for the correction.

9. elslunko

elslunko Newbie

Reputations:
    Bummer. I think my display port broke. Anyone else have issues with theirs just not working anymore?

10. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are you using an active mDP cable? Because that's the only type of cable you can use for mDP.