*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    According to "Smart Update", my BIOS is at version FB0E/F008, which should be the latest and greatest.

Today, I've updated the Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers to 24.20.100.6229. Hopefully, this will improve stability regarding the graphics issue (although I'm always running with "second screen only" and the second screen is using the nvidia GPU but who knows, maybe theses two systems need to interact still).

2. shengna

shengna Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I have lenovo Thinkpad W540. It's very sturdy.

3. MonkeyPorter

MonkeyPorter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So does that mean that you can use the XMP profile with the 15x v8? Or does this mean that this memory will not work?
    (Looking into getting a F4-3000C16D-32GRS pair for my 15x v8, as the F4-2666C18D-32GRS doesn't seem to be available anywhere)

Thanks!

4. Isaac Jimenez

Isaac Jimenez Newbie

Reputations:
    I believe this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but it is true that just about everybody can hear an audible electrical noise underneath the right side of the keyboard when you set the laptop to run in performance mode? When set to balanced mode or even power saving mode, there is no electrical noise. But when set to performance mode, and with the CPU constantly running around 3.9 to 4.00 GHZ in the task manager, there is a fairly audible electrical noise that can be heard in quiet rooms. Anything to worry about?

5. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    AERO 15 (i7-7700HQ) here.

So I updated my BIOS today, to FB0E/F008. While I was at it, I decided to update Smart Manager (7.4.3 from Gigabyte's support page for my model). It switched to Chinese. So I reinstalled, it was back to English, but it got rid of my settings. Spend a little bit getting that fixed up.

So of course, since this thing has been a never-ending cycle of troubleshooting, I now have to figure out why they keyboard backlight has started randomly turning off and on again. No rhyme or reason to when it decides to turn off or on.

I updated to the latest version of Gigabyte Fusion (4.3.6 from Gigabyte's support page for my model).

Has anyone encountered issues with the keyboard backlight turning off and on for seemingly no reason? They keyboard lighting is one of the few things about this laptop that hasn't caused me any grief, until today.

6. ClayLikeTheMud

ClayLikeTheMud Newbie

Reputations:
    There is much talk about undervolting but every time I try undervolting through XTU or Thottlestop, my CPU gets stuck at a certain clock speed tied to the power level.

At battery saver the clock speed it stuck at 1.7 ghz
    At Balanced its stuck at 2.7 ghz
    and at High performance its at 3.9 - 4 ghz
    doesnt matter if I have a stress test running or absolutely minimal apps running. to fix it I have to clean install windows and delete the UEFI partition to clear the settings

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Aero 15X V8

7. humdandipto

humdandipto Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone! I'm posting for the first time here. Got my hands on the Aero 15W V8 yesterday and I've noticed that the shift key has been replaced and it is now only the arrow instead of 'SHIFT'. The light on shift key is same just like other keys. Maybe Gigabyte has replaced the shift keys on the newer units. Btw the unit I received have LG-Philips panel & V-Color ram.
    [​IMG]

Apart from this I've two problem.
    1) During my Unigine Valley Benchmark I got around 20~25fps & it was dipping below 10fps occasionally on ultra preset with 2x msaa. My charger was disconnected & I was on 'Auto' battery mode with around 60% battery. Fan mode was set to Gaming. Is this what I was supposed to get or am I doing anything wrong?

2) I've seen that my ram was running at around 1333mhz. Is there any work around to bump up the frequency to 2666mhz?

8. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    So did it work?

9. g85222456

Reputations:
    Yes the XMP Profile will be automatically activated on AERO v8 if the RAM installed is qualified

10. g85222456

Reputations:
    Cannot repro in our lab now......will try again