*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    what RAM you're using right now? The XMP profile will be automatically activated once compatible RAM installed

2. Asutt15

Asutt15 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    G.Skill F4-3000C16-16GRS in both slots. CPU-Z says my dram frequency is 1197.1MHz, and the max bandwidth in both slots is reporting DDR4-2400 (1200MHz), meaning it is not running at the XMP standard and only the JEDEC rating.

https://imgur.com/a/5X9DOeZ
    [​IMG]

3. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Alright, so it seems GB has the actual latest Intel and Nvidia drivers on their site. With this I'm thinking about finally updating to 1803. Had some questions on what the proper/best procedure should be. Here are my 3 choices (all with internet off and 1803 upgrade done via USB):

1)
    -Upgrade to 1803
    -Remove all drivers via DDU
    -Install new drivers

2)
    -Install new drivers
    -Upgrade to 1803

3)
    -Upgrade to 1803
    -Install new drivers

thoughts?

4. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I'm guessing the material Gigabyte has published claiming "up to 3 external displays" means you can have three different displays showing three different desktops, with one display connected to Mini DP, one display connected to HDMI, and one display connected to TB3?

5. bl00dcat

bl00dcat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think it's can help you :)

aero15x.jpg

6. Brian Serafin

Brian Serafin Newbie

Reputations:
    Urgent help:

Had a Killer 1535 wifi chip - it sucked. Mostly Bluetooth NEVER detected or found any devices. Took some advice from here and got the Intel 9260. Uninstalled all of the old killer items in Control Panel/Uninstall a Program.

Used Gigabyte Website to get Win10/x64 Bluetooth driver (this file folder had 3 different install .exe's so that was confusing.) I tried one each and my problem every time, was windows boots up, I immediately go into Device Manager, and make sure the Intel 9260 has power management box unchecked that lets Windows save power by limiting or turning off the device - Surely this was my problem...

I still have the problem and that is the Bluetooth device greys out completely after 20 seconds of booting into windows. As soon as the screen flickering takes place (this is normal right? Pantone display doing its thing?) I watch and observe Device Manager drop/grey out my Bluetooth. All Bluetooth Windows buttons disappear at this point. Any troubleshooter states this device is not bluetooth capable. Something is causing this...or the chip is bad...

Has anyone had this issue? I would be so grateful for your help. I really want to resolve this issue.

My windows 10 is completely up to date. BIOS as well.

Bought the laptop in January $2800 (did better cooling via GenTechPC and added extras) and for the last 7 months I havent enjoyed a single bluetooth device, ie headphones.

Thank you all for this awesome community.

7. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had this Bluetooth issue with another laptop. I think the issue has nothing to do with the WiFi card but Windows updates and bios/Mobo compatibility.

If a reboot doesn’t fix it, you can ensure it’s fixed by going into bios, turning off Bluetooth and then turning it on again.

It seems like every time Microsoft does their quarterly updates it f’s up everything. Perhaps you can see if there are any bios updated which may have corrected incompatibility issues arising from Window updates.

8. tonysunshine

tonysunshine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same problem. I thought it was an issue with my pluggable TB3 to dual dP adapter, but now I'm wondering if its an inherent limitation with the Aero 15x? The adapter worked fine on my Lenovo P50 and Dell Latitude 7285 over thunderbolt 3. But on the aero it only detects one monitor and I have to plug in over HDMI or mdP on the laptop to get a second monitor to be recognized.

9. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    GB rep responded already that only 1 monitor is supported through TB3. Need to use HDMI and DP for more.

10. Brian Serafin

Brian Serafin Newbie

Reputations:

How do I do this? The UEFI setup screen didn't seem to offer much in the way of settings.