*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's a big ass version jump! Looks fancy.

2. jrmtz85

Reputations:
    What's happening here exactly? I think I saw a post here somewhere where somebody was having wifi issues and they had to open it up, and press on the wifi connectors. Maybe they weren't in 100% or firmly.

3. jrmtz85

Reputations:
    Here's something for those that may still have "unsupported" 2666 RAM sticks. I've posted before about having 2 sticks of Corsair DDR4-2666 which run well as Dual-Channel which are not on the supported list. When I first popped them in, they seemed to not have worked, but then they did. After I updated to F06, it seemed like the machine wouldn't boot up, but I managed to make it through. Just finished the update to F07, and got stuck again, but once again, managed to boot in successfully.

Here's what I did:
    1) updated the BIOS, it shut itself off
    2) let it rest 5 minutes and powered up
    3) let it set 5 minutes with the screen off, but the WiFi and Power LED on, with nothing happening
    4) started holding power til shut-off then it auto restarted, and pushing F2 in hopes of accessing the Bios
    5) after doing this a few times, it starts rebooting itself with some screen flashes
    6) somehow the GB logo shows up, and i enter the bios
    7) I save changes (in case it changed something that helped), and finally rebooted and got in

Here's a video I started recording near the end of step 4, just before the auto-reboots start:

In case some people still have those sticks that didn't work, and want to test out, maybe this will help a bit. Note that the Corsair's are 2666 on Jedec, not XMP.

4. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Damn this looks so much better than what we have for the aero 15 v7. Hope they upgrade the smart manager for us too! Can you show us what the smart dashboard looks like?

5. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is after i used the USC type c port the wifi is going out even more now its so frequent it disables the wifi connector and makes the screen change to pantone and back to normal then back to pantone calibration very quickly each time it disables it sometimes it wont even show in device manager. Its very annoying its already went out 2 times while i am writing this so im not sure if this will even post. I had this happen with an older alienware that had usb c it was horrible. i hope this issue can be fixed. ive tried a the steps with no results. i need to plug my phone in to transfer stuff. Got any other solution's? its never dropped wifi until the moment the thunderbolt was plugged in , ive had the laptop since sept. i tried to contact gigabyte with no message back its been days.

6. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

I also noticed you have to go to Apps to install the X-Rite Pantone Color Calibration ICC profile.

[​IMG]

7. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

dashboard is the same, they haven't updated it :(

8. jrmtz85

Reputations:
    That's very odd. I've used the USBC port for 2 separate external SSDs and my OnePlus 5 and have had no issues.

And like I mentioned, have you tried opening it up in case the wifi card isn't somehow attached/connected properly? Maybe using the USBC somehow popped it out.

9. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i am on a business trip right now i dont have my screw driver set , i will be back the 26th and i shall report back.

10. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does this driver improve the touchpad, e.g. install a Precision Touchpad?