*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you're talking about XMP profile, it will automatically activated if the RAM is certified. About the keyboard issue if you encounter it our call center would be glad to help you

2. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Crap, I had the issue of the power button not working and laptop being dead. I had to RMA it and it turned out that the whole motherboard had died and had to be replaced. Coincidentally I also had a lot of issues with the new Windows update just before it (though I never been stuck on Bios screen). BTW after the motherboard swap everything works fine.

The only thing I would recommend is removing the battery and doing a power-cycle - holding the power button down for 20-30 seconds while the battery is out. You'll find tutorials on how to open the laptop and find the battery (it's basicall

3. ReignsOfPower

ReignsOfPower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've managed to find a set of RAM through my local Gigabyte distributor to match my stock set of V-color memory. Finally running a stable 32GB Dual channel setup. :)

Anyone running dual DIMMs, have you observed increased CPU temperate when running dual channel memory configuration? My CPU seems to have jumped up about 5-10c as a result of the second stick of RAM.

At the same time, I've added a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO drive and an Intel 9620 WiFi card. Everything working really well.

4. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 32GB (2 x 16G) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Laptop Memory Model F4-2400C16D-32GRS

5. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @g85222456 Are we ever getting updates Nvidia drivers from Gigabyte? The ones you provided at launch were already outdated since they're from December.

6. bl00dcat

bl00dcat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No, i mean manually change timings (CL-RCD-RP-RAS). For example if you have G.SKILL 2666MHz CAS Latency 18-18-18-43 you can change to 15-15-15-37 it's give you 5-10% performance depend on object (synthetic tests or games).

7. AndySun

AndySun Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been installing new driver updates straight from Nvidia (both from their downloads page and Geforce experience) and they've been working fine so far.

8. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd been doing so too, but kept getting random BSOD with both updated Intel and Nvidia drivers. Everything seems to be working fine now that I've reverted to the drivers suggested by smart update. Its even been mentioned by him/her here that some of these drivers can cause BSOD.

9. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Same issue here, but no solution. :( Smart Manager just closes after downloading BIOS update file has finished.

Don't know whats wrong with the AERO15. I did not install anything special. For the last months I'm using mail and browser only. I followed the windows update path until 1803.

EDIT: Downloaded the recent bios update file from https://www.gigabyte.com/de/Laptop/AERO-15--i7-7700HQ#support-dl-bios, extracted "P65_BIOS_B0ED0E_EC_008_WIN10.exe" from it, ran it and after a couple of reboots, my AERO15 is running BIOS FB0E/008.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  10. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Everything worked fine - until yesterday. :mad:

The system got stuck entering hibernation. I had to power it off. Since then, the external display (which is my main display as I usually use the laptop with the lid closed) is not correctly detected after hibernation. I can not even switch to it. After resume from hibernation, if I unplug the external display and reconnect it, the internal display turns black but the external stays black. Obviously the driver detects a second display but can not handle/access/use it properly.

Task manager shows an "nvidia container" burning CPU cycles:
    Capture Display Nvidia Task Manager.PNG

The graphics driver seems to "deteriorate" with time. Don't know how this is possible. :eek:

So I used DDU to completely deinstall nvidia graphics driver and installed the latest recent reference driver 398.82. Sadly, this did not improve the situation. The nvidia graphics driver does not display anything on my external display (Dell UH2515H) after resume from hibernation. I first observed this behaviour after Windows updated to 1803. I have yet to find a driver version to resolve this issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018