*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. chuck95

chuck95 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm having this problem too. There's no such path on my Aero 15W v8-BK4.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled various Realtek Audio drivers from Gigabyte, and Realtek's website. The audio works fine, but the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" is nowhere to be found, and there is no speaker icon in the taskbar.

Tried version 6.0.1.8186 from Realtek and version 6.0.1.8470 from Gigabyte.

RtkAudUService64.exe - Realtek HD Audio Universal Service IS enabled in startup, but I can't find the manager software anywhere!

2. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have random BSOD/restarts while running 398.36 and newest intel driver (forget version). I had them as well with the one prior to that one (first one launched after V8 launch). This is both with and without an undervolt. No apparent pattern. A few days may go by, or even more. This is mainly when the laptop is just sitting idle at home (since I'm gone most of the day). Only seen one BSOD in person, and it tagged the error as POWER_MANAGEMENT. At least when I was running the prior version, these happened once every few weeks.

May go back to GB driver this weekend to see how that works. Either these restarts didn't happen, or I didn't keep that driver long enough to notice.

3. jrmtz85

Reputations:
    I never got the program from that image, but I did manage to get the audio drivers installed properly to where I have a Windows Store provided realtek audio console. Posted the steps I took here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/8l4xk9/aero_15x_headphone_jack/dzzyonq/

4. chuck95

chuck95 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm, thanks jrmtz85. I do have the "console" but I don't have the "manager" that's depicted in the first few pics here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gig...hOAKHTQUCdoQ_AUICigB&biw=1304&bih=704#imgrc=_

I was under the impression that there is more functionality in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

5. jrmtz85

Reputations:
    Ah, then yeah, dont have that either. Maybe I'll get lucky this weekend when I try to install the new drivers and have it show up.

6. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    yes it's the same on AERO 15 v7. About the approval list of RAM module you could head for our call center and they'd be glad to help you with it

7. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    Basically we will need 1 week to finish the validation of the driver which is released to us only from NV. Thank you for the suggestion and we will think about how to make it faster

8. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dam, already ordered a SATA SSD based on what alawadhi3000 said . .

Can you provided details on what type of key the sockets are, whether B key or M key etc. The drive I ordered is the WD 1.0tb M.2 2280 Sata3 SSD - Blue (WDS100T2B0B) and my laptop currently has a SATA ssd installed

9. Julii

Julii Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've jut got my Aero 15x. While I'm pretty satisfied by the product, there's still something that annoys me: I've noticed that both "o" and "c" keys have some problems: sometimes it happes that they are ignored if not pressed to heavily. Is it something related to the hardware or it's the firmware that maybe tries to avoid the chattering issue?

10. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm if they managed to have sata ssd's installed and working in both of the m.2 slots?