*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. jefflackey

jefflackey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If it's like a television calibration, each one will be unique to that specific panel.

2. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Those who ask for the .icc files, you do realize your screen will not even be close to how it initially was, right? The laptops are individually calibrated, one by one. So in theory, the .icc files are different.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

3. brucek2

brucek2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't know what the easiest way would be, but some ideas you could try include:

1. Are you sure the clean service removed it? If it's a selective clean vs. a full wipe it might have left that directory alone.

2. If you have your original factory SSD, and did not re-partition it, I believe there is a recovery partition on the drive that probably includes the profile.

3. If you made a USB recovery drive prior to the cleaning, it might have been copied onto that.

4. Check if your windows re-install process left behind a directory called "windows.old" - if so it might be there.

5. You may be able to ask Gigabyte support to email it to you - hopefully they saved a copy of each calibration prior to shipment.

It would not surprise me if the information for the calibration was baked into some semi-permanent storage somewhere in the system (firmware, etc.) but we just haven't heard the details of it yet.

4. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Quick update: my first aero 15 arrived from Newegg but it was the bright orange color when I ordered the black. I might have dealt with it, but Windows wouldn't activate saying "this key is being used on another device" and the left shift key wouldn't work 75% of the time. Got a replacement from Newegg today and this one is at least the right color, but it has 4 dead pixels! Going back tomorrow unfortunately. I might wait a bit before ordering another one.

Be on the lookout for open box units on Newegg...

5. antovanbuuren

antovanbuuren Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Re - 1. I had a look at the directory again, and was able to find a list of profiles, perhaps the clean install didn't remove it?

X-rite @ 50% brightness
    [​IMG]

Native @ 50% brightness

[​IMG]
    Comparing the two, I think I still have the colour profile after reinstalling win10... thoughts?

Also in regards to problem earlier i.e. adjusting the brightness using the function, I managed to fix it after installing the latest Smart Manager Driver :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  6. brucek2

brucek2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes, I believe GGG_CMN15D7 is the pantone calibration profile. IIRC the last 7 characters are found in the Innolux panel's identification string (which you can see with hardware inspection software like aida.)

7. NewbieSgp

NewbieSgp Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi

Just bought a new Aero 15 (my first Gigabyte) and found it great thus far except for :

The loose hinges. It closes forward as described by some. That is fine. However, my screen also gradually flips backward to the max point once I open the lid beyond a certain point, which can be a bit irritating after a while (due to screen angle changes).

Do those who have forward hinge issue also have the backward issue or is mine just a really bad unit?

Thanks

8. alphagoal

alphagoal Newbie

Reputations:
    Return it, it is not normal. Mine only looses when the angle is smaller than about 15 degree, otherwise it will stay tight.

9. lemegetin

lemegetin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok guys, thanks a lot for the reply. Its good to know before i started messing around with it.

Is there an installation process for the color profiles or they just have to be copied in the same folder?

With respect to my second question i guess noone has used an extra charger for the laptop??

Cheers

10. TyroG

TyroG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The 4 dead pixels were like black dot behind the panel like if it was dust ? I had this too, sent it back;