*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One M.2 slot supports both NVMe and SATA while the other supports only NVMe, so if your current M.2 SSD is SATA then you can grab a Samsung 970 EVO, if its NVMe then for the best bang of the buck you can grab a SATA M.2 SSD like the 860 EVO or MX500.

2. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thank you for the suggestion. For overall quality we're enthusiastically doing something on the keyboard production but we could confirm the horrible situation you met was made by our engineers. Maybe they didn't do it on purpose but it was the mistake which is really unforgivable. We've initiated the internal investigation and will soon find out what's going on.

Still sorry again for the things you've encountered on our product and hope we could see you back in the future

3. g85222456

Reputations:
    Another sorry for your leave. Yeah quality is the key and we could promise it would be definitely improved in the next-gen product, thanks to all your precious suggestion

4. g85222456

Reputations:
    If my memories' right the issue should be fixed in the latest build of Windows, also the NV driver and Intel HD driver.
    maybe just test it if the issue still happen after the graphic processing unit for the browser switch to NV GPU

5. g85222456

Reputations:
    I mean our customer service number. They will provide you the prompt support for the issue

6. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One of the retailer here got demo unit on their showroom (it is the W version with 1060 tho), gotta try the keyboard see if it will become issue and hopefully it doesn't. The warranty and service for almost all brand in this country is quite bad tho so if the keyboard is quite bad on tomorrow test, then I might purchase other brands. I wish they could fix the current model and even better enable precision driver for the touchpad because I can't wait for next iteration (current notebook near failure)

7. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There's a Thunderbolt Firmware update tool on the downloads on the official support page. Anyone know what it fixes/does?

8. megadip

megadip Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

So the v8 has the new keyboard?

Im having issues with left shift, and having to constantly re-push it to engage.

9. Evgeni

Evgeni Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody!

New info about my not working keys "9", "o", "l", ",". A week has passed and these keys suddenly have started working again. I did not do any special for that, AFAIK. I updated some drivers and software, but it did not help. Just one day I open a lid and started typing as usually. Suspicious circumstance is that these keys under each other. Also I had not working "," some months ago.

I do not know should I calm down or go further and send the laptop (15 i7-7700HQ) to the customer service. It is the only PC I have for work.

10. g85222456

Reputations:
    try to update the FW of the keyboard with GIGABYTE Fusion on the desktop