*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Bedwyr

Bedwyr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This is what they updated in the bios or will fix in the next version?

2. 1ambert

1ambert Newbie

Reputations:
    Updated in the bios.

This is for the Gigabyte Aero 15X v8 i7-8750H

3. D G

D G Newbie

Reputations:
    That worked, thank you so much!

Marlon Estella likes this.
  4. theypsilon

theypsilon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody. My aero 15 (2017) seems to be dead after almost a year of smooth and correct usage :(

Now when I turn it on, there is a white light coming out from the power button, and two of the four indicators from the side are on, but that's all I get. No bios, no flashes on the screen, no response when pressing any key, no fan, no heat, no noise. It happened without previous problems. I just turned it on today, and suddenly it didn't work at all.

I can turn it offf and on, and same thing happens over and over. So I guess I will RMA it. Did anybody had the same problem?

Also, I opened this laptop right after buying it to add another hard drive. I will remove it before sending it to the company. Do you think I could have some trouble cause of this?

Sad day for me, I loved this laptop!

5. Jaxom

Jaxom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm reaching temps of around low to mid 90's on my CPU playing Jurassic World Evolution..wondering what effects of this will be. Didn't even know it was possible have the laptop elevated at around 10-15cm yet still gets hot even with all the thermals.

Graphics card is around mid to high 80s... I didn't realize this until I decide to monitor temps because the game was freezing quite a bit because the CPU would throttle.

AND this is with my undervolting the CPU...

6. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    What fan settings are you using?

7. Jaxom

Jaxom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    On my manual deep control settings.

Strange thing is it's just that game.. it's never gone so hot with Warthunder which is the other main game I play.

8. snisni

snisni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, some weeks ago my Aero 15 automatically was updated to windows 10 1803, I rolled back to 1709. How can I update to 1803 again? Windows update say I'm up to date and there are no updates, only some small fixes for 1709.

9. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try downloading the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant.

xDjinn likes this.
  10. HCx

HCx Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I've been trying to read this unending thread looking for information but i'm hoping someone that has been here for awhile can shed some light for me.

I'm looking at purchasing a used Gigabyte 15 (7700HQ/GTX1060) locally. Reading this forum makes it seem like it's a wonder any of these things still work. But most forums are full of unhappy owners. Not happy ones.

Anyway, Can anyone confrim/shed some light on how common the following issues are

1) Color banding, I've heard some people saying the display is only 16 bit/ 65536 colors. This is obviously a far cry from modern 32-bit color displays.

2) Keyboard issues. Does it still have the weird key rollover issues?

3) Keyboard issues. I've seen people talking about issues where some keys flat out don't work. Is this a problem that happens out of the box or randomly over the laptops life?

4) I've seen people talking about lag problems when optimus has the Intel GPU running. Is this A common problem?

5) Ram upgrades. The laptop has a 16X1GB stick in it. I've seen ram compatibility lists for the 15x. But none for the 15.

6) Performance on battery life. is the CPU/GPU being downclocked significantly while on battery? Can you allow the CPU to run at normal speeds? what is the impact on battery life if you do so?

7) Would you purchase again right now at $~1200?

8) Does the warranty transfer to new owners? or is it limited to the original purchaser?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018