*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. brucek2

brucek2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    See also the just announced Aorus X5 MD. That's a GTX 1080 unit but maybe there will be a 1070 variant or other model with that card?

hmscott, TyroG and scrod like this.
  2. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    Man the guys at @GenTechPC work fast! I just got my shipping confirmation, should be arriving next Tuesday! So I decided to go with IC Diamond instead of CLU. I'm flying out of the country soon so I didn't want them to waste time and recheck temps to make sure everything is good, you can't go wrong with IC Diamond either, super stoked now!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    GenTechPC, scrod, Meetloaf13 and 2 others like this.
  3. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine shipped from @GenTechPC today as well. My son should have it Saturday. I'll post a report in a couple weeks once he's used it a while and we've had a chance to test it.

4. Knacki

Knacki Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Second SSD and another 16GB Ram is installed.
    Here one really see the difference between mobile worksations and consumer products.
    As on my Lenovo W520 / HD an ram was available via one click service openings, the Gigabyte wants you to remove 13 screws.
    Luckily I heard before that opening should start at SD Reader - OK, in my case it was the opposite side, but anyway it wasn't easy to open.
    One needs to be a bit brave as it needs some careful strength.

The foam between Battery and second SSD is a bit thick and leaves a bit pressure on second SSD. That is kind of uncool.
    There is a screw already installed to fix the second SSD. Was curious if there is one or not, as I saw it already without in one video.
    All in all no big deal to install.
    Crucial 1TB MTS 300 works with 528MB/s read and 512MB/s write, which is OK for Data.
    If I will upgrade again, I would replace the 512GB Transcend MTS 800 against a faster 1TB.
    But not now, time is gone.

Ram from Kingston is not exact same product, which is a bit ....
    Regarding HWinfo64 everything it same, except SDRAM Manufacture is Micron Tech. on original and SK Hynix on new.
    But timing is identical.Hope this won't be an issue.

5. antovanbuuren

antovanbuuren Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    just got mine and i'm having issues with adjusting the brightness, Fn + F3/F4 on my device... how do I go about fixing it? Is it a driver isssue?

6. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @antovanbuuren It would be helpful if you said what the issues were :p

7. TyroG

TyroG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Pros & Cons of Liquid Ultra repaste guys?

8. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Pros
    - Up to a 20c reduction in CPU temps
    - Fans run at lower speeds as a result

Cons
    - Requires so much preparation beforehand & attention to detail when applying
    - If you don't follow the procedure properly or apply too much, it could leak & fry the motherboard components
    - Going by various reviews, GPU temps are not greatly improved when compared to standard pastes.

In my opinion unless you're well off and can afford to replace the laptop if it goes wrong, don't delve into it.

Liam.

hmscott, corteen, jefflackey and 3 others like this.
  9. TyroG

TyroG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for this brief summary! I won't do it myself, the reseller will do it for me but yeah I don't know if there's a leak after like one year if it will be under warranty since I didn't do it myself but the reseller..

10. antovanbuuren

antovanbuuren Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry i meant to say I cannot Toggle my brightness function keys when I press Fn + F3 or Fn + F4.