*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. marltonn

marltonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone recommend NOT updating with Nvidia drivers from Nvidia? I've been reading here & there that if you update only via Smart Update, things seem to be a bit smoother.

Sometimes my mouse lags & freezes momentarily & not sure if that'll help.

2. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can only tell you to try it. The only thing I will say is the geforce experience does mess with things, so I would recommend not keeping it unless you need its features (like whisper mode).
    I also do clean installations of my drivers whenever there are updates since it minimises the chance of things going wrong.

3. Fungus99

Fungus99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm if the 15x with 1070max q suffers from throttling like the XPS 15 when both the CPU and GPU is pushed more long periods of time?
    While I love the design, I the seam around the edge of the lid and instead really ruins the look.
    Is the gap in the seam at least consistent all the way around?
    And is the edge around the display rubber or plastic like the xps15?
    Also, the chin bezel is huge and the depth dimensions really show.
    15x v8: 250mm
    2018 razor blade: 235mm
    Dell xps15: 235mm
    that's a whole 15mm more with the extract same 15.6" screen size!

4. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I update a month or so ago to the newest (at the time) Nvidia and Intel drivers from their respective sites. Been running fine. The microstutters (it that's what you're encountering) are from a different issue which has not been resolved yet (to my knowledge).

5. Francesco V.

Francesco V. Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why there is not a thread for the new Aero and instead stuff related to it is appended to this thread related to the previous version ?

6. Jaxom

Jaxom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can't change my brightness settings and pantone doesn't seem to be working after a windows update..anyone else having similair issues

EDIT: Nevermind I hadn't installed the video drivers correctly works now..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. ramiro9

ramiro9 Newbie

Reputations:
    I like Purosol, and use it on my glasses as well. Amazon sells a 1oz bottle + microfiber cloth for $10.
    https://www.amazon.com/Purosol-Lens-Cleaner-Small-Clamshell/dp/B001R4BTCG/ I usually do a first pass with normal cheap lens cleaner + a microfiber cloth, and the Purosol if there is anything else left. It works without having to scrub hard, which can scratch your screen coatings. Rinse and dry the microfiber cloth after each use, so you don't accumulate any grit or other crud that could mess up your screen (or lenses).

8. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just an update, with the new BIOS FB06, GSkill 2400Mhz 2x16GB still does NOT work but one stick does. Which mean they are still purposely holding back

9. D G

D G Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey all, just did a BIOS update (FB06 / F006) and now my Aero 15X V8 isn't seeing the Nvidia 1070. The Nvidia Control Panel won't launch and the GeForce Experience tries to download a driver and fails. Pics attached. Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

.[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Marlon Estella

Marlon Estella Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Use DisplayDriverUninstaller (DDU) to remove the Nvidia driver, then download from driver from Nvidia site and reinstall.