*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you have the latest Nvidia driver from nvidia? I get BSOD from that

2. 2042Third

2042Third Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I do. From Nvidia Experience. Though smart update havnt got a update in a while. I have update it with that.

3. dimsdale

dimsdale Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Very bad news here. Got an Aero 15X from Newegg on the pre-order a few days ago. Machine was acting unstable generally. Then I tired to upgrade to 32gb.
    Kept the original gskill and added a second gskill of exact same specs (see the pic).
    The machine would not post with two sticks. Maybe it's the ram, right? Could it be the new stick. No such luck.
    With some testing I find that I can post with just the new stick, or just the old stick. I think I could post with either stick in either slot - but not totally sure about that. In all cases, no post with both sticks, no matter which stick was in which slot.
    I even tried two other 2400 gskill sticks pulled from my old XPS 9550 that are known good. Still no post.
    Back down to one stick and posts. It will post with any one of four sticks I have in one slot. But any two sticks and DOA. I tweeted at gigabyte support in case they have a bios update to send me. Already have RMA from newegg for laptop and RAM and will ship it out in a day.
    Take a look at the attached pic of the Gigabyte factory RAM and the second stick. They are the EXACT same thing. This can't be some basic incompatibility - its more complicated than that. (see previous post http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...5-owners-lounge.804575/page-253#post-10728869)
    Good luck guys. I'm out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  4. fireedo

fireedo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    have you try to press "F2" key during boot? when first time try to use my new dual channel g.skill I got a blank screen, but when I press "F2" I can enter BIOS then I reset default BIOS and restart, miracle happen, it boot to windows :)

5. dimsdale

dimsdale Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thx for the suggestion. Just tried that now with no luck.

6. TLCH723

Reputations:
    What RAM are you using? Nevermind. Saw the other posts.

This is the first I see with that RAM not working. Did you try just one stick in the other slot?
    I have a problem with just one of my GSkill 2400 with the slot closer to the battery. It can boot with one stick in the CPU slot. Also cant boot with 2 sticks either

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  7. dimsdale

dimsdale Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I can't remember for sure if I could boot with only one stick next to the battery. I think that worked, but not sure anymore. Laptop is closed up and not opening again to test more. :) All done.

8. TLCH723

Reputations:
    Okay, good luck on your RMA

9. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    See...from page 246

10. tonysunshine

tonysunshine Newbie

Reputations:
    Did anyone actually receive the charging brick with the USB port with their aero 15x v8?