*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Cryptic Joker

Cryptic Joker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can't answer your question on fortnite but i have your answer for Destiny2.

The problem here is the 1803 update. This causes the GPU to rest on start of the game due to poor optimization of D2. Its triggered by 1803 newest feature that has added a gpu selection option in the display setting, where you can set an app to run from iGPU or dGPU. unfortunately until windows and bungie work together to resolve this issue or Intel pushes a driver update, or someone finds a hacky way to go about it. 1803 is unplayable for a lot of games and unfortunately D2 is one of those games. If you can find a download and downgrade yourself to version 1709 which works perfectly fine. d2 works, updates work.

a thing that may work for fortnite is set the windows setting in the advanced display setting to "high performance" for fortnite to force dGPU only for that game see if it helps w/ your framerate.

if you're stuck on 1803 and really want to play really bad go to the setting i suggested above and set the balanced mode(i think its called) to run off your iGPU and you can play D2 just turn all your settings down to medium or low. at least you can play on 1803... but performance is terrible.

Edit: To add a friend of mine who had the same issue was able to get Nvidia driver 388.31 to work for d2... but it wasn't consistent.

fireedo likes this.
  2. fireedo

fireedo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thankyou for your reply, will try to re-install on the other ssd (I use Team M.2 SSD NVMe 480Gb) using windows 10 build 1709, hope works :)

--Updated--

It Works!!!
    well, I re-installed everything from scratch, new ssd, new installation, but this time I'm using Windows 10 build 1709 as suggested above and now everything running like a champ even using latest nvidia driver
    Thankyou

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  3. Fadelis

Fadelis Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey all, just received my Aero 15x. It feels and looks really, but there's one drawback - I keep hearing this high pitch noise from it whether it is idle, working, on battery or is plugged. Anyone encountered something similar? The sound is very similar to this in video -

EDIT: it seems the cause was wireless mouse USB plug. The irony is the mouse itself is from Gigabyte and worked well on my other laptop. The sound persist when changing the USB port. I tried a different mouse and there was no sound.
    Also it seems the trackpad is no grounded very well, touching the trackpad while plugged in creates not very loud, but still audible electrical sound.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    xDjinn likes this.
  4. Cryptic Joker

Cryptic Joker Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Glad to hear it worked! Now feel free to PM me your battlenet tag i’m always looking for new friends to play d2 with =) especially aero 15 family.

5. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you had been following my posts, I am having RAM issue. I got GSkill 2x16GB 2400Mhz RAM and they dont work with the aero 15x v8.

Gigabyte said problem with computer and say do a RMA with reseller or them.
    Emailed gentechpc and Ken said GSkill 3000, 2800, 2400, and Kingston 2400 HyperX dont work and need a BIOS update.

Other users had these RAM and they dont work:
    2x16Gb DDR4 2666, Corsair vengeance CL18 - fireedo
    8GB DDR4 2666, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (Run at 2400) - Jaxom
    Patriot DDR4 16GB 2666MHz (Run at 2400) - HID/jrmtz85

Never see a computer with so many RAM incompatibility
    Only GSkill 2666, Kingston cbd26d4s9s8me, vcolor tn48g26s819/tn48g26d819 officially.

Update:
    Purchase a single GSkill 2666 MAY cause incompatibility (or just bad memory slot)

Need more samples

PS. Finally finished read all 253 pages

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  6. Dinzy

Dinzy Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone found a way to remove the need to hold down the "fn" button to change screen brightness and volume? therefore just ressing the buttons directly?

7. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    In the BIOS you can make the Function keys default instead of F1-F12. You get one or the other

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8. Dinzy

Dinzy Newbie

Reputations:

I have tried this approach about 6 months ago with no success. Do you know if a BIOS update or some other update has come out since that allows it to work? Thanks for your response!

9. 2042Third

2042Third Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bad performance in Rainbow Six Siege.
    Anyone plays rainbow six siege? I saw Dave 2D said he gets 146 fps in it on ultra. I get 66 fps on ultra. Even with all set to low, I only get 100 fps. I have repasted and undervolted my computer. this unit is the 1070 maxq one. Can anyone plz help me? What can I do to get a better fps in rainbow six siege?

10. 2042Third

2042Third Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I found out why my computer is underperforming. My cpu usage is at 100% while gaming and gpu usage is at 70%. I m still looking for the reason to this. Rainbow six usually used only 30% max cpu. The game uses about 90% cpu usage. If you know how to solve this, plz let me know.