*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was also told their shipment was due to arrive today. Hopefully that means some are being built today or tomorrow and may ship by the end of the week if there are no delays.

2. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    On this, we agree, because you were comparing apples to oranges and made incorrect assumptions about my personal situation when you had incomplete information. So, indeed, you failed to make any difference and my decision hasn't changed.

For my situation, it was simple enough to look at reviews of 500GB SSDs like http://www.techspot.com/review/1281-samsung-ssd-960-evo/ and see performance differences much greater than you claimed, and also to see much smaller price differentials of 1.3x or 1.4x that applied to my actual choices of 850 EVO vs. 960 EVO, rather than 2x for whatever you were comparing.

I can spend all week lamenting the million dollar house across the street. They don't even have kids and it's clearly 2x more space than they actually need. But why? If they are happy, great, it sure isn't affecting my decision of where to live. At least if Techspot and others are flat out wrong and there really is no significant difference between a 500GB 850 EVO and 960 EVO, I'm only out $50 for bragging rights. And even that has some value, given the entertainment derived from this discussion.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Vistar Shook and hmscott like this.
  3. TyroG

TyroG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Do you think we can upgrade the screen to the 4K screen ?

4. MikeGG

MikeGG Newbie

Reputations:
    Just received a new Aero 15 (and put lovely 960pro SSD in) but the RHS fan is making clicking noises - quiet but intensely irritating. Sounds a little like loose bearings. Standard or needs sending back?

5. TyroG

TyroG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Also guys do you think we can replace keys of the keyboard? ie put Q in place of A etc or the keys will break?

6. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    They're supposed to come out with 4K version probably in a month or so.

TyroG likes this.
  7. TyroG

TyroG Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes I know but like can we buy the 4k screen in ebay or something then replace the 1080p manually to 4k?

8. brucek2

brucek2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am not a modder so I can not tell you what is possible or not. What I can tell you as an owner of an Aero 15 is that nothing in the included documentation suggests that these mods are intended user functionality or supported by the manufacturer.

I do think the included macro software would allow you to reprogram the Q and A keys so that they each had the functional effect of being the other (although I haven't tested that myself so if it's critical to you, verify with another source), but I realize that's not quite the same as having moved them. I'm also not sure how well that work if one or more of the keys you wanted to move was a modifier key (shift / ctrl / alt / etc) vs a normal key.

TyroG likes this.
  9. brucek2

brucek2 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I haven't noticed anything like that on mine.

10. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    That might be possible I'm not experienced in changing screens on laptop so I couldn't tell you. With such a small bezel I wonder if its hard to change the screen.

TyroG likes this.