*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just got my 15x yesterday and I have a similar looking display. I did notice that if you turn up the brightness to max before you restart or shutdown it goes away.

Also I've seen many examples saying that this is just how all the IPS monitors are and its really only "ips glow". Unless anyone here as a 15x with minimal glow?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2565339/backlight-bleeding-lottery.html

2. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you tried to see if the settings are correct for DC & AC are matching? smart manager > Power Mode> Corner arrow . New to all of this maybe it might be that. I had that issue too and overnight the charge was at 97% still, and I noticed the settings were off in smart manager. Now im at 100% plugged in.

3. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After some research, it looks like I may need to enable XMP int he BIOS, however, i do not see this option when I boot into the BIOS. Can anyone with the new 15x confirm whether XMP is an option in the BIOS? I've tried F2 and windows 10 boot into BIOS and nothing.

4. fireedo

fireedo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Dont quote me on this, but I have read somewhere if we put an XMP ram then it should automatically run at that XMP specification, because AFAIK there is no XMP option in the BIOS

5. Jack Dingo

Jack Dingo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The ignoring of input only happened in the new Firmware update 3.0.8, so i believe by trying to fix the chattering issue they messed a bit up. This didn't happen with 3.0.7, but the chattering was pretty bad. So it looks like my chatter fix app worked better than their firmware chatter fix.

6. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think the XMP capabilities of a stick are auto-detected, but they are not auto-enabled. The enabling must be done in the BIOS. That's my interpretation of this article: https://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-xmp-profiles-and-how-do-i-use-them/

7. kalne

kalne Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everybody
    Please, give me an advise where to buy this laptop in EU, but I need shop, that can unbox and check laptop before buying... I now that there are such shop in USA, but in EU I can't find something like that.

Thanks

8. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What model number did you get? I'd like to add a second 16 GB DIMM to my Aero 15 as well. Currently eyeballing two models, leaning toward kingston.

1. Kingston HX424S14IB/16
    2. GSkill F4-2400C16S-16GRS

9. carlosdesedas

carlosdesedas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. Jeehong

Jeehong Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have returned my Aero 15x v8(1070) and gotton refund for horrible keyboard(ignored inputs depending on where you push on a key, specially on function keys).

I think the keyboard problem definitely comes from faulty hardware design, which should exist all across the products.

(BTW, this was posted January 3rd so it should be not related to the new firmware)

This is from other user who experienced the same problem. Is there anyone who have experience above problem?

Last edited: May 1, 2018