*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. 2042Third

2042Third Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Keyboard chattering fixed!!!!!!!
    I had a big problem with key chattering, after searching online, i found out there is a new keyboard FW update that fix the problem. I dont know it's the hardware problem or the software's issue. So far, after typing about 400 words, i haven't had any issue with it. I hope this is the end of the problem. I have regained my faith with te computer, but i hope its not a hardware problem. They might have intergreted a software that ignores extreme fast key strokes, such as those under 50ms. Any how, people at gigabyte did something that made me regained faith. I am keeping this computer.

2. fireedo

fireedo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    sure, here my voltage curve and clock :
    Capture3.PNG

3. carlosdesedas

carlosdesedas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks.. but there's something I don't understand. My 1070 maxQ shows, when stressing, it reaches a maximum of 1513MHz or so... Your graph starts at 1600 and ends at 1900MHz... there's something not adding up to me... sorry for being so stubborn....

Carlos

4. fireedo

Reputations:
    No, thats fine,I'm sorry but I'm no expert too, actually I cant really answer your question, I just doin something trial and error based on couple of tutorial here and there, and for now at least that curve works well

5. margroloc

margroloc Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    See this thread http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...5-w-x-v7-v8-common-problems-solutions.816143/
    the gpu undervolting section should answer whatever questions you have

tl;dr you are probably hitting power or thermal limits (92C).
    More likely power limit - for the 1060 that's 60-70W, easily reached. 1070 maxQ may be similar but idk for sure. GPU will throttle to maintain that limit.

carlosdesedas likes this.
  6. 2042Third

2042Third Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After updated the keyboard FW, my keyboard chatter (duplicated keys) is fixed. For those who still have problems with it, i think we have the different problem. Before the FW update i cannot type this many words and not get key chatters. So, i have typedmore than 600 words, in both testing and just normal useage, there not one key chatter. So, if you have key chatter don't listen to those people who tell you its a hardware problem. I think its a soft ware problem. (Another 100~200 words without chatters. I ok with this computer now.)

carlosdesedas likes this.
  7. carlosdesedas

Reputations:
    Thanks!

I'll see if I can play a little this weekend with the undervolting curve a little more...

Best regards....

8. fireedo

Reputations:
    youre welcome

anyway, does anyone here already succesafully replaced the default ram or adding more ram to make running at dual channel?
    because just now I replaced the default ram using 2x8Gb DDR4 2666, Corsair vengeance CL18 and my laptop wont boot, its on but just blank screen, fortunately I switched back to the default ram and running normal again

its just a bad ram or maybe not compatible with this aero 15x v8? I cant test this new corsair ram to other machine since this is the only laptop I have that use ddr4 and the other is a desktop pc

9. carlosdesedas

Reputations:

I did.. I added a dim of G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB 260-Pin DDR4 to get 32GB in total and it booted no problem and I got a nice boost in Mem benchmark scores in dual channel.... no issues whatsoever....

Carlos

fireedo likes this.
  10. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, you see, it is a hardware issue that is trying to be solved through software. In fact, the solution gigabyte provides is pretty similar to the workarounds users have posted in the past.