*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    UPDATE on my broken Aero 15x - it has been fixed through International Warranty (a Motherboard swap) in Poland. Took 24 days from the day they received it until I got it back. They also sent me an extra cable for the Charger for EU sockets (my Aero was bought in the US and came with the US cord). Good communication from them too.

Details on how I RMA'd:
    My Laptop stopped functioning (didn't show any signs of life) all of a sudden about a month ago. Since I bought it in the US but currently stay in Europe I was confused over where to fix it. I mistakenly called US warranty service and 4 different reps told me conflicting info. I eventually called Polish (closest to me) Gigabyte Warranty center and they said they could fix it (in English).

The whole process of registering was confusing at first due to the amount of different Gigabyte websites, issues with Serial Number stickers on the Laptop and sometimes shoddy English on the websites. However once I spoke with the Polish guys I just followed their instructions and it was fairly straight forward.

1) Even if you just bought your AERO - Take A Picture of your Serial Barcode and number on the bottom of the Lapop! The warranty card doesn't have the right number - it's only on the laptop and in my case it was barely readable after only 2 months of use. You will need this number in case of RMA.

2) First I created an RMA through this website: http://rma.gigabyte.us/
    It requires the S/N from the bottom of the Laptop (see above) and needs to be put in correctly. It should detect your laptop based on what you enter. But in my case it detected it as a different model, so I manually switched to Aero. If it says "you are out of warranty" or something like that - in my case it meant I entered the Serial incorrectly.

3) A day after the website sent me a confirmation of the RMA # with instructions on how to ship to the US.

4) Instead of shipping to the US I sent the Polish Warranty service an email detailing my issue again, providing all of the Serial numbers, copy of the Invoice (I sent one from Amazon) and the RMA # from bullet 3). They have confirmed the same day with a new Polish RMA # and Instructions for shipping to Poland.

5) I packed and shipped to Poland - I put the laptop in the original packaging, then wrapped it in a lot of bubble wrap and put it in a huge box (at least three inches of space from each side of the original packaging - overkill, I know), lined with kitchen sponges (couldn't find mailing foam and sponges are dime a dozen here).

I took pictures of each step of the packaging and sent it along with the Tracking number to the Warranty Service (just a pre-caution). Since I shipped my power brick as well, I made sure to mention it in the email and attach a picture of it as well. I had to pay for shipping and packing myself.

6) I continued writing to the Warranty office from time to time asking to confirm if they received it, then asking for updates. They were very prompt with their replies. On April 17th they received the spare motherboard, on the 24th they shipped the laptop and I got it two days later with Courier service delivered to my office. They paid for the shipping.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    ctrlwhy and CedricFP like this.
  2. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Smart Update on new Aero 15x shows bios FB05 available. Not on the site so no patch notes. Anyone know what it addresses?

3. snisni

snisni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what changes in last keyboard firmware update? does it fix double typing on Aero 15 1060?

4. fireedo

fireedo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well, finally I get my first gigabyte laptop and this is an Aero 15x V8
    I just get my laptop today, so far everyting went very smooth, I have read a lot on this forum about aero series, a little worry about keyboard and heat, but glad that my aero 15x v8 seems like doesnt have any trouble.
    the screen is good, very little light bleeding, really really minor, for me almost un-noticed
    typing on this laptop I need some adjustment because for me the layout a little bit different for my style, but there are no trouble whatsoever about the keyboard
    the touchpad is surprising well, running the latest update driver, really good
    I have updated almost everything today including the newest nvidia driver
    undervolted the cpu @ -135mV , when gaming (15-20 minutes) and benchmarking (3DMark etc) now I my cpu temp doesnt exceed 86c
    about the GPU, GTX1070 max-Q, I OC'ed a little but I do undervolt around -140mV and my temp never exceed 78c
    but the speaker is below standart, but this is a personal preference coming from a macbook pro user

well overall I'm really satisfied with this gigabyte aero 15x v8, still I want to get a ddr4 2666 sodimm to make this system running as dual channel memory

5. Jeehong

Jeehong Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is there no problem about the keyboard that when you click the edge of keys or narrow key like function keys the inputs are ignored?

6. 2042Third

2042Third Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    "the problems i have with my new areo 15x"

I just got mine today, well the second one. The first one i got had big light leakage, i had to let amazon replace that one.
    I was afraid this one would have the same problem. Luckily this one didnt have light leakage. That's one problem down.
    The keyboard had a hard time registering one single enter. It had double click when i typed a key once. This problem apeared on "g", "u", "y", "d". I am really frustrated now. i m even thinking whether to return this computer all together for a refund. Well, i have 30 days to make that decision. I hope it is only a new hardware problem that will get better as it wear, like how some new keyborad would hard time typing in the first couple days of owning. Or do any of you can give a tip for how to deal with the problem. I'm thinking taking the troubled keys off to see whats going on down there. Keyborad problem, help needed. Double key enter problem.
    Thank you!

7. carlosdesedas

carlosdesedas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi... can you please explain to me how did you undervolted the 1070 MaxQ GPU to -140mV please? In Throttlestop, doesn't the GPU undervolt tab refer to the Intel GPU? Thanks!

Carlos

8. fireedo

fireedo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have try everthing and seems like I cant produce that problem, everything works here

I'm using MSI afterburner, Throttlestop only for integrated gpu (intel 630)

9. 2042Third

2042Third Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    keyborad problem out of the box.
    Does anyone here havve problemss with the keyborad registering single clicks? Mine had problems with some keys entering two times withh one click. Should I revome tthe keyy capss to check if somethhing wrong with the rubber? Please help! (After typing the post, i found out hhow many double key sstrockes have came ouut. what do i dooooo?)

10. carlosdesedas

carlosdesedas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks.. Can you please explain a bit how you did it? Did you change the voltage curve? If so, can you post a Pic of the curve?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk