*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Jeehong

Jeehong Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It's not the LCD backlight. It's dedicated LED on the back panel, you can check this by turning off LCD.

2. arujali

arujali Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Guys! Hope you're all doing well.
    Needed some advice from you guys.
    I am planning on buying a new laptop and I've been confused between the Aero 15W v8, MSI GS65 & the Zephyrus GM501GS.

I have been inclined towards the Aero majorly because of an all round appeal on paper and the number pad [It's one of the things I look for in a laptop] But I have heard negative things about the Aero in terms of screen, keyboard and heat. Could you guys give some advice? I don't want to buy the 15X as I feel a 1060 is more than enough for me. Would it be advisable to go ahead with the W? Also if there's anyone from Bangalore, India on this forum who can confirm if there's a service center for Gigabyte laptops here? The one's I contacted don't service laptops only PC hardware.

3. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought a key from amazon for 5 pounds. I checked the link now and I see the price has gone up to 15 pounds. Just enter the key and you will be upgraded to pro with a quick restart, no need to format clean install etc.

Link
    [​IMG]

4. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This other guy on YouTube and another on reddit had the similar issues from an amazon retailer. By any chance did you order it from Mobile advance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. marltonn

marltonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I played ROTR last night and my temps peaked at about 90 degrees. I have the Gelid GC Extreme & thermal pads. I plan to try undervolting to bring that temp down some more.

HOWEVER, my big issue is my backlight bleeding. I am not sure if others have it worse than me but I paid for MINIMAL backlight bleeding from HIDevolution & feel like this is not that minimal. But I have nothing to compare it to!

Here are my backlight bleeding photos, can anyone else post theirs so I can compare or let me know your opinion on this? I mainly notice the bleeding in the lower right corner, it is the most noticeable when playing games

The first photo is un-edited from my cell-phone. It does enhance the brightness of the screen a bit. This is full-brightness in a completely dark room:

https://imgur.com/0PNTJBf

The second photo, I adjusted the brightness of the first so this is a more accurate representation of what I see with my own eyes:

https://imgur.com/AHkHfR3

6. Marlon Estella

Marlon Estella Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Wow, that's actually pretty bad.
    I have backlight bleed, but light enough to not warrant any issues (only on the bottom left, and very minimal).

7. marltonn

Reputations:
    Do you mind taking a photo at all? Maybe it's because I took the photo in a very dark room that makes it stand out a little more. It just doesn't seem like "minimal" backlight bleeding to me. I had a MAC before this from 2009.

8. Marlon Estella

Reputations:

It actually may be better to test in a dark room so you can see the full extent of the backlight bleed.

These were taken in a not so dark room (light from outside showing, as well as from halllway). All were taken with Auto-Brightness off.

100% brightness
    https://imgur.com/C0LtJlp

50% brightness
    https://imgur.com/AsIMoIK

10% brightness
    https://imgur.com/meDAiBI

marltonn likes this.
  9. marltonn

Reputations:
    Thank you! Yours does seem prominent in the two bottom corners. Thank you for taking the time to upload these. It is very appreciated!

10. Marlon Estella

Reputations:
    It is, but to be honest it doesn't be bother me much.