*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. ctrlwhy

ctrlwhy Newbie

Reputations:
    I thought I was the only one with this problem since I couldn't find any other posts on this.. A little glad to know that I'm not the only one now.

I think my battery has hit the 0% mark since I don't get any flashes when doing the touch pad battery check now. It still works fine and will turn in if it's plugged in though.

I'm hoping that the battery only got unseated somehow but seems unlikely since I hadn't moved my laptop from it's spot for over a week..

I bought a set of torx bits to remove the bottom cover and see if reinserting the battery will fix it so I will update once I try that out.

2. tundra_

tundra_ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey mate, Ive also just received my 15x 8 this week and can confirm that out of the box it occasionally double types. I was able to get it sorted for now by turning on bounce keys and lowering the time delay in the registry. Totally understand not wanting to have to go to that extent for a machine of this price but like you said I love everything else about it so far so I dont think I'll be returning it just yet.

3. Jack Dingo

Jack Dingo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Alright i have sent gigabyte a message about the double types and got this answer:

"Would like to double check you if the key chattering issue occurs in a specific application? or it occurs in every application, even type a text file in Windows Notepad? If the issue occurs in a specific application, please let us know the name and the version of the application and product serial number for our further checking.

Nevertheless, if the issue does not occur in a specific application, we are sorry that a further examination/repairing done by authorized service center is required. As you just purchased this product, we suggest you to backup the data and contact your supplier (where you bought this product) for assistance.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE"

4. paulaero

paulaero Newbie

Reputations:
    I have received my Aero today, it works great, was experiencing a few issues like the double type and a bit of lag, I have not gamed yet, however once I updated all of the drivers from the Smart Update app everything seemed to be fixed.

However my shift key is not lighting up properly in terms of RGB lighting. Do some people have that as well?

Would you guys recommend to replace the trackpad drivers with Window Precision?

5. poketape

poketape Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now down to 65% battery. Got the RMA approved after three days of waiting so gonna send it in. The form they want filled out asks for the brand names of all the parts in the laptop, which is rather hard when they're the ones that made it, so I filled it out the best I can. I don't know how they expect me to know the brands of SSD and RAM they used.

6. tundra_

tundra_ Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah Ive got lighting issues with the shift keys as well. The text on the right shift barely lights up, but I can see the light underneath the key so I know that the light is at least working. The left shift key lights up but is a bit discoloured. Its got more of a green tint to it than the rest of the keys.

7. Marlon Estella

Marlon Estella Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just purchased the laptop and receiving it today.
    Anything I should look for other than keyboard/trackpad issues (which I'm hoping won't be there, or at least not that bad).

I plan on testing thermals out of the box (using cinebench and rog realbench).
    Then I'll be opening it up and doing a repaste and running ixtu undervolt and doing a retest of thermals.
    I also plan on reinstalling Windows (Microsoft factory, not Gigabyte).
    Are there any really useful or needed Gigabyte apps? And am I able to export or copy the factory gigabyte image without using a 3rd party tool?

8. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did anyone get the free Beats Aero headphones? If so, can you tell me if its any good?

9. popstand

popstand Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, crap. I have the keyboard issues too. I'm really not keen on doing a registry hack to fix a hardware problem aat this price point. See that double-a, that's whaat it's doing. I'm purposely leaving the errors to demonstrate. You'd think that after the last round of problems they'd have sorted out the keyboard issues.

10. therock2284

therock2284 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The Gigabyte support driver page under utilities has a keyboard firmware update with today's date. Not sure if it addresses the issue with the keyboard everyone is having, I just received my laptop so haven't even opened the box yet but thought I would let everyone know.

Keyboard Firmware
    [3.0.8]
    0.41 MB
    2018/04/20