*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. washerboy

washerboy Newbie

Reputations:
    I received the new Aero 15x (FHD) yesterday. Have done a full reinstall of windows to remove the bloatware and beforehand copied over the color directory to a USB from:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

Full reinstall seems to be the right idea and has got a lot of the crap off the laptop however I would like make sure can get the correct color display config from the x-rite pantone calibration. I understand the correct file from the above directory is the .icc file (mine starts GGG_) however how do I actually install this on the laptop and make sure it loads up each time? I have gigabyte smart manager and latest nvidia and intel graphics drivers installed however finding it all a bit confusing to be honest how to make sure is back to original display config. Any help would be appreciated.

rehtafdoG likes this.
  2. snisni

snisni Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can check it in "color management" in display adapter settings.
    You also can see at windows startup that your display become warmer when color pforile activating.

3. poketape

poketape Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My laptop is now down to 89% available, but when it's unplugged it immediately turns off. Clearly it doesn't seem to actually be charging, so I'd hate to see what happens when it finally reaches 0%. I guess this means the battery is somehow disconnected from powering the laptop and can't get charged, but can still be recognized. Anybody got any ideas on what this means?

4. poketape

poketape Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I plugged my phone into the power adapter's USB slot and it says it is charging very slowly, so it could be the adapter is part of the problem although it doesn't explain why the laptop turns off as soon as it's unplugged.

5. Jack Dingo

Jack Dingo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I received my new Aero15x V8 yesterday. Am pretty happy with it so far.
    I don't want to do a fresh windows install, I ****ed up my last laptop with that. I must have done something wrong in the process and I had a lot of issues with it.

So what bloatware can I delete and how?

@snisni I also use 100 % scaling

So II have done a GPU Benchmark on UserBenchmark.com and come out way below average

Overall this PC is performing way below expectations (13th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 87 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components. Use the charts in the benchmark sections of this report to identify problem areas.

Processor With an average single core score, this CPU can handle browsing the web, email, video playback and the majority of general computing tasks including moderate gaming when coupled with an appropriate GPU. Finally, with a gaming score of 47.6%, this CPUs suitability for 3D gaming is average.

Graphics 3.72% is too low to play 3D games or use CAD packages. (Note: general computing tasks don't require 3D graphics)

Boot Drive 158% is an exceptional SSD score. This drive is suitable for heavy workstation use, it will facilitate fast boots, responsive applications and allow for fast transfers of multi-gigabyte files.

Memory 16GB is enough RAM to run any version of Windows and it's more than sufficient for nearly all games. 16GB also allows for very large file and system caches, software development and batch photo editing/processing.

OS Version Windows 10 is the most recent version of Windows, and the best to date in our opinion.

So not sure what is going on there

Also sometime when i click on something it freezes sometimes for second.

So if anyone knows whats going on let me know thank.

One other thing. I am afraid the double key press, might not be fixed. I got the laptop for 1,5 days and it happened 4 times. I first thought I must have accidentally pressed it twice but the 3 and 4th time i am sure i didn't.

6. Jack Dingo

Jack Dingo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok, no worries about the benchmark. I think i might have not run it on the GTX 1070

PC Status Overall this PC is performing as expected (59th percentile). This means that out of 100 PCs with exactly the same components, 41 performed better. The overall PC percentile is the average of each of its individual components.

Processor With a brilliant single core score, this CPU is the business: It demolishes everyday tasks such as web browsing, office apps and audio/video playback. Additionally this processor can handle typical workstation, and even moderate server workloads. Finally, with a gaming score of 97.4%, this CPUs suitability for 3D gaming is outstanding.

Graphics 79.2% is a very good 3D score, it's the business. This GPU can handle recent 3D games at high resolutions and ultra detail levels.

Boot Drive 165% is an exceptional SSD score. This drive is suitable for heavy workstation use, it will facilitate fast boots, responsive applications and allow for fast transfers of multi-gigabyte files.

Memory 16GB is enough RAM to run any version of Windows and it's more than sufficient for nearly all games. 16GB also allows for very large file and system caches, software development and batch photo editing/processing.

OS Version Windows 10 is the most recent version of Windows, and the best to date in our opinion.

Gaming 81% Desktop 101% Workstation 84%

Aaronfgua and xDjinn like this.
  7. dgoran

dgoran Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please keep us updated on this. This is the reason I returned previous version despite loving it in every other way. I just could not get use to typing and trying to go back and fixing errors. For $99.95 machine I might let it slide but not for $2300...

8. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I would assume that both things would help noise, since temperature dictates fan speed in normal and gaming fan profiles. My 15 (not 15x) is undervolted by 125 mV and that reduced temps by an average of 9° C but I didn't test before and after with an SPL meter.

Pair the undervolt and/or repaste with a custom fan profile, you can get a nice balance.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  9. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Phoenix Do you still do OS tuning?

10. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Yes

Vistar Shook likes this.