*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Radyium

Radyium Newbie

Reputations:
    @factory_666 i had the same issue : laptop with battery suddenly stop, no led nothing.
    I only manage to get the first led on (the bulb on the right side) by plug to power and press power button till the led switch on but still no fan, no hdd on :(
    I finally return it (still waiting any feedback). As i'm in a country than the support do not support, i had to use a third party. Anyway, Gigabyte supposedly got the laptop around 8-10 march, still no feedback :(

I have the same laptop for work and it's working fine, i connected 3 screens, everything is fine so far.
    Some one try the last Bios FB0D ? It's very annoying and not pro from Gigabyte to not display any changelog for BIOS :(

factory_666 likes this.
  2. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That click noise is most likely a relay sound/relay circuit trying to open or close.
    I don't know how relays work however.
    Might be something blown or dead on the mainboard. I saw you already sent it to be replaced or fixed.

4. hireegy

hireegy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here, I'm posting the first reference on the english-speaking web to what is the genuine power supply of the most powerful and lightweight 2017 laptop in the world, the Aero 15X:

G-Style G200W-U5V2A-A
    AC Input 100V-240V~2.5A 47-63Hz
    DC Output 19.5V continuous, 10.5A
    USB 5V 2A
    Max power 215W
    Manufacturer: Dongguan Yu Jia Electronics Co., Ltd.
    This:
    https://ibb.co/hyNRLS

https://ibb.co/fRe1n7

And God please help me, I can't find any place online or offline that would sell exactly this adapter without the attached laptop, although it's been out for 5 months now in Europe. And sorry, no, I don't speak Chinese so I can't go and buy it on the Chinese net.
    So, what happens if:
    - someone loses his adapter
    - the adapter breaks
    - it gets destroyed for any reason
    - or, like me, you just want to have two adapters, one at home and one at work, so you don't take it out and plug it every single morning, and as a backup if you loose one?

All I've found is the Chicony adapter for Aorus laptops, the A11-200P1A, that sells in a few places. But nothing from that Chinese manufacturer that was picked by Gigabyte to manufacture their G200W-U5V2A power supplies. And I'm a bit wary of connecting a different power adapter, knowing how the 15X is fragile and can "break" easily. 95% chances it will be OK, I know, but it's a €2000+ computer still.

Is it only me or have other 15X owners struggled with this issue too? Did you find it somewhere?

Thanks a bunch!

5. BDave0

BDave0 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone found a place to buy skins or wraps for the laptop? Would appreciate any specific details on what works and where to get them.

6. kllla

kllla Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is anyone experiencing double clicking for space bar?

My aero15x is doing double clicks for one push of space bar since last month.

7. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A lot of users report double registering - I had it on all of my keys. The solution below fixed it for me and others:

kllla likes this.
  8. kllla

kllla Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for this solution. I think its working properly now.

9. Freitz

Freitz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was excited to find out about the Aero 15x as it might fill a new need I have. However it seems this is 200 pages of issues... how are the Aero systems? Are they riddled with problems or are they fine?

10. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's a luck draw honestly. For example, the only problem I have right now is that the thermals are much higher than what others get over here, even after a LM repaste. But I can live with it.

If you are interested in the 15x, you'll have to wait for the new variants to come out in the next few days since the old ones aren't being sold anymore. In this case you'll have to just wait for reviewers and users' experiences before buying it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Vistar Shook likes this.