]]>

*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    I had Fall Creators updates mess up graphics performance on two laptops. It could be an Optimus thing?

The other is a Sager with a GTX 980.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. bnandrews

bnandrews Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,
    I got my Aero 15 last week. It was an open box from newegg that I got with an additional 8% off, so it was a good deal. I initially had problems getting Windows 10 updated...it would hang on 99% and then go into a neverending "getting your computer ready" screen loop. I finally got that fixed, but now I'm having another problem with the wi-fi. I updated the drivers to the latest using the package from Intel, and it connects just fine on my home network...I get 50-60 Mbps download speeds (which is my max on my home connection). However, at my university when connected to the open wi-fi network, I get a max of about 1 Mbps, and usually only about .3 Mbps download speeds. If I uninstall the 8265 wireless card and then reinstall, it will connect regularly and get 30 or so Mbps speeds for a few minutes, but the speed slowly degrades over about 30 minutes back down to sub 1 Mbps speeds. I've tried every fix I could find online, and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think it is a faulty card, because it works fine on my home network. I assume there is some sort of software or hardware incompatibility with my university's wireless network?

3. WuXeS

WuXeS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have you compared latest recommended Gigabyte drivers vs just letting Windows install its driver? I've had better experience with the latter.

4. bnandrews

bnandrews Newbie

Reputations:

I tried that. I uninstalled the network card, deleted all the drivers, and then let Windows install its own drivers upon reinstalling the card. That gives me the Microsoft driver version 19.50.1.6. When I run smartupdate it shows 19.70.00 as the latest supported driver, but when Install the package through smartupdate and then go look at the driver through device manager, it still shows the Windows 19.50.1.6 driver. If I use "update driver" from within the device manager it updates to 19.70.0.05. If I install the latest driver package from Intel (20.30.1) it successfully updates the driver. But I have the same problem no matter what driver is installed - sub 1 Mbps download speeds. I really like the laptop, but if I can't get it to work on the Uni wifi then its not really usable for me...

5. WuXeS

WuXeS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That sucks. :/ Have you tried asking on a networking-specific forum? Issues with wireless are often really obscure, but your description is detailed enough for an experienced pro to help... Hopefully!

6. vivithemage

vivithemage Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Start with the basics, how is the connection strength/signal? How far are you from the access point? Any walls/floors/ceilings in the way? Maybe your school throttles a lot as it is?

7. rocket scientist

rocket scientist Newbie

Reputations:
    similar thing happened on my aero 15, brand new situation, and the wi-fi seem kinda ****, weak signal, i barely able to receive the wi-fi signal properly from my room/office, in fact everywhere, although from my 7-years old ASUS laptop, MBP, smartphone & everything else seem fine within the same range&room. :/ probably factory defect

8. smallgreenblur

smallgreenblur Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I just received my Aero 15 with 10% off because the packaging was already opened. Otherwise it was supposed to be in tip top shape. When starting it up I noticed the two bottom keyboard rows have no backlight. Does anyone have experience with warranty keyboard replacements? Thanks in advance!

9. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    I had mine replaced and I mentioned the key-combination problems and they replaced it along with a fan that was going bad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. smallgreenblur

smallgreenblur Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, that's good news, so they do replacements. Did you receive the Aero 15 back quickly, or did you have to wait?