*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. WuXeS

WuXeS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Check out this fix. It's for Windows, but maybe Linux has similar settings somewhere?

2. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any one els not able to download gigabyte fusion 4.3.2 from the smart updater? Any work around for this? i have the aero 15 with 1060.

3. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As far as I can tell, downloading that version still gives you 4.2.8, which is also the latest version listed on gigabytes support page.

poketape and CallmeBigfaat like this.
  4. vivithemage

vivithemage Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Could you list out what plan you used, and tweaks you made, as well as software? I did the same, with a very minimal install with gigabyte software as well. I only get about 5-6 hours with light browsing.

Also, how do you use the battery bar dealio to give you power output?

5. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @vivithemage

I just installed battery bar and when you hover your mouse over the icon in the taskbar, it will tell you discharge rate. Refer to my linked images below. I haven't made any specific tweaks, my settings are below. But something is up since the fall creator's update, details below.

@HussainQ

The fall creator's update has indeed increased my power consumption, but not by much. I am now seeing an 11k~13k discharge rate with just this firefox window open. Weirdly enough that's giving me a 5 hour estimate which doesn't add up mathwise? Something is up here, because a 13k discharge rate on a 96whr battery should come to roughly a 7 hour estimate?

Settings are:
    Balanced profile
    50% screen brightness
    "Quiet" fan mode

Below are two images that show this including discharge rate with a YT video playing.

https://i.imgur.com/ngX0Gbi.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/fU3KaMy.jpg

I would say on the whole my discharge rate is increased by almost 50% after the creator's update, but I have no idea why you might be seeing 23~28k discharge rates, unless battery bar simply isn't reporting this accurately.

I may run a test in the future to measure actual battery life and not just rely on these software estimates.

6. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would think it's because of hardware acceleration while watching a YouTube video. I have since disabled that but instead get ~16-18k discharge rate without HW acceleration (i.e CPU doing all the work).

This would be on the same settings as you, except that I have the fan profile on gaming. I'll try using the Quiet profile and see what that does since I know it throttles something when enabled.

7. CedricFP

Reputations:
    I see. I haven't touched my Firefox acceleration settings, and they are on "Use Recommended Settings" atm, and I believe this defaults to hardware acceleration being on.

Yeah, maybe it is quiet mode as that does throttle the laptop, but if I'm on battery, I exclusively use quiet mode.

8. CedricFP

Reputations:
    Since the fall creator's update I've also had way more of those microstutters that you get on right click, except I'm getting them when changing windows.

It's extremely annoying.

HussainQ likes this.
  9. WuXeS

WuXeS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For those of you who use a custom fan curve: is there any way to make the laptop start from actual zero? When I boot up, it always starts at 30%, and I have to go to custom fan curve settings and reapply what I've got there to make it 0%. Afterwards it behaves fine... Until the next reboot or wake from sleep, then it's back at 30% no matter what.

10. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    I had Fall Creators updates mess up graphics performance on two laptops. It could be an Optimus thing?

The other is a Sager with a GTX 980.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk