]]>

*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. hippocrene

hippocrene Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm having an issue with the keyboard on the Aero 15x.

When typing on the Aero 15x I'm regularly having a single keystroke registering incorrectly as a double keystroke.
    This is extremely annoying and totally unacceptable in my opinion. I've come across a couple other comments elsewhere complaining about the same issue, though I'm not sure if the problem exists on every Aero 15x.

I've looked everywhere for a fix to this problem. Is everyone with the Aero 15x experiencing this problem? Should I RMA this notebook?

I'm running Linux and wondering if there might be some workaround hack. Perhaps setting some limit on "keystroke per x time" might work until Gigabyte fixes this? The problem occurs in Windows and Linux.

I love this notebook except for this problem. Of course gsync and a recessed USB slot would make the Aero 15x even more awesome than it is...c'mon Gigabyte!

EDIT: Ok, it seems there is a thread specifically for the 15x so apologies for posting here. (I don't seem to be able to delete this post, and it should really be moved to the 15x threads) Apparently the issue is referred to as keyboard "chatter" and there are software hacks to work around this issue. Not a proper fix by any means in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. nandolv

nandolv Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi every one! I've readed most of the post of this thread and i want to thank everyone for your help.
    Now i have one issue that i've not found in other threads. I was using the windows Netflix app correctly, but some time ago, when i run the app, i get the next error:

Error code: U7354

and i can't play any video. I have the same error in the web version using Edge and Firefox, but i CAN PLAY in CHROME

It's very strange...

Thanks for your help!

3. Xelnok

Xelnok Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been playing ARK and tried to use the GigabyteFusion keyboard software to program custom buttons (such as auto-run), but every time I push the key it only continues for about 20 seconds and then stops, even with loop mode selected.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set a custom macro that loops until stopped?

Thanks

4. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on mine and as we discussed we have comparable battery life (8~9k discharge rate).

5. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's good, after getting the new creators update, my power consumption varies between 12k and 18k with the same usage I had before.

6. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hmm I just recently got the Fall creator's update but I haven't had occasion to test battery life.

I'll run a test for you tomorrow at work and let you know if I'm seeing the same or not.

7. its_erc

its_erc Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I saw on dave2Ds review that his RGB keyboard had colours like teal and such.. but my Gigabyte fusion software only offers like 5 colours and white. Help?

8. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What tool do you use to view the battery discharge rate? Windows built-in "powercfg /batteryreport" ?

9. Sparky961

Sparky961 Newbie

Reputations:
    Use the custom colour entry controls, shown in the screen shot below

[​IMG]

For those of you paying attention, you'll notice I've used custom colours to match the perceived brightness of my SHIFT keys.

10. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That, and I usually check the power draw through battery bar.