*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. vivithemage

vivithemage Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I get that glitch when plugged in and on high performance though, not just battery. Any thoughts on the 2-1 audio jack?

2. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Are all the trackpad drivers updated and same for windows and everything else? Im getting 6 or more hours out of a charge but thats just web browsing. I think the headphone jack sounds pretty good but it cant be compared to a dedicated sound card though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I also noticed that if you start out on the bottom of the trackpad it doesnt register until you move higher than where the imaginary buttons are at amd if you drop back down it stops again.

4. vivithemage

Reputations:
    It happens with a USB mouse as well as the trackpad though, same odd hitch in movement. On battery or plugged in. This only seems to be at the desktop on the intel video, when it flips to the 1060, it's OK, goes away. I can test it by starting my vertcoin miner or something, and that'll engage the 1060, and its all good. Or in games, no hitch. I made sure to have the latest intel gpu drivers. I am on 1706 creators windows 10 pro, which I installed from scratch a few hours ago.

The audio jack question is more, how do I use the 2-1? I have a 3.5mm splitter to audio + mic, but I can only seem to get the audio to work, but not the mic. Not sure how to even configure the mic to work via the 2 in 1.

5. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ive noticed when i plug my headphones in i get a pop up. It ask me what i want to use. Ive never uses the mic on my headphones so im not sure if it works or not. Theres usually a smaller screen that pops up infront with two check boxes.[​IMG]

6. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure it automatically uses the mic connected to the headphone jack. Go into the recording tab of the sound settings and test if your mic is indeed being used.

EDIT: If you manage to get to the realtek audio suite, click on the jack icon and select headset instead of headphones, and keep that as default. That will make the computer use the mic whenever it's plugged into the headphone jack.

7. vivithemage

Reputations:
    Yeah, I am in the realtek audio section, it only has the black icon like crash525 has in his screenshot. I am using discord to test if the mic works, but nothing comes out. I am also testing from the windows sound recorder, no luck there either.

EDIT: So I think it's working in windows, Discord does not seem to want to use it though, even though I select the correct Microphone...odd.

EDIT2: I thought maybe it was a permissions thing in Windows 10, now that they have the phone style permissions to mic, video, etc. I checked, Discord is not in there, but it does let my camera work, even though that is not in it. So I would assume mic should work...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  8. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This is all very unscientific, and I'm sure I'll be misusing specific terms, but here's my take - and my solution.

All of you who are reporting sluggish Windows behavior (momentary stalling on right click, stutters, etc) please do the following:

1. Open the Nvidia Control Panel (you can open it by right click on the desktop, or if you've disabled that feature you can find it at C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe)
    2. Enable Desktop > Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area
    3. When you encounter stutters or slowdowns or what have you, go to the taskbar and hover over the Geforce thingy (sorry I don't know what it's called) and see if it says "0 display, 0 programs"
    Do you see "0 programs?" If so, your issue is that your discrete GPU isn't being used. Here's why this causes slowdowns: your computer is using the integrated graphics, and some tasks make a call for the discrete graphics card. When those calls happen, the discrete GPU has to "fire up" first, which causes the delay you're experiencing.

The previous solution was an app that is assigned to the discrete GPU, but remains in a low-resource state (emptyproject11.exe). Whatever that means. This ceases the slowdown because the discrete GPU is still active, so it doesn't have a delay when it gets a call.

That app drains battery because it's keeping the discrete GPU active, but it does solve the stutter issue. My solution is to create CMD files that does two things: (1) enable a certain power plan, and (b) either open or close emptyproject11.exe. See here for info on creating the CMD files: *** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Once you have created them, add this line to the start of the "performance" file.
    Code:
    start "" "C:\Program Files\SmartManagerV3\EmptyProject11.exe"

And add this line to the start of the "battery" file
    Code:
    taskkill /im emptyproject11.exe /t

Now your "performance" profile will start emptyproject11.exe and eliminate stuttering. When you need more battery, your "battery" profile will kill emptyproject11.exe to get better battery life at the cost of UI stuttering.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    CedricFP likes this.
  9. deoFusion

deoFusion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone noticed higher temperatures after installing a second SSD?

Yes, my right shift key is dimmer than the rest of the keys as well.

10. vivithemage

Reputations:
    Thanks @AresHarvest i'll probably just live with the stutter. It does make sense, because like I was saying, I am running vertcoin miner on it, and the stutter has gone away. I find it odd though, because all I am doing is moving the mouse, not opening and menu or anything, just sliding the mouse across the screen.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018