*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    No. Is it in sleep mode for sure? Also check your power settings make sure they are set to auto or power save.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't have that issue. Check that you have it in Sleep Mode. Maybe only the screen was off. Some of the power modes don't put your laptop to Sleep when you close the lid. Make sure that you have "Power Saver" mode in Smart Manager. (note that I'm not talking about "Battery Saver" mode that you additionally turn on by clicking the battery symbol in the right bottom corner. That one doesn't change your power mode.

3. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Aero 15 here, had it since late November. I haven't noticed any double typing.

I do have the issue where certain key combinations (ctrl+shift+up, for example) result in missed modifiers or incorrect keystrokes. I'd much rather have this issue than the double-typing though! I'd rather have NO typing issue, but what are you gonna do.

4. Dr.Hue

Dr.Hue Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey all,
    I received my Aero 15x last week
    I'm slightly concerned.During usage the underneath large grill section of the laptop in between the fans which isn't directly cooled gets extremely hot during gaming to the point where its almost unbearable to touch, is this normal or is there an issue with mine?
    Temps at the time seem to be the same as the average temps from benchmarks and reviews so 85C cpu and 75C gpu max temps

5. Drekiko

Drekiko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I got mine last week as well. I purchased a small stand and have noticed the temperatures, on the CPU, GPU and underneath casing dropped significantly. I’m sure others will do the trick as well. But just to give u an idea of one that worked well for me:

Steklo - X-Stand for MacBook and PC Laptop, Aluminium Adjustable/Portable, Cooling Universal Stand for size 12"-17" Screen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VIZ60QY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-6LyAbMVP6GP4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey, that's the same model MetaRvB and I use. We both saw similar results - a considerable drop in temps, as would be expected with the additional airflow compared to laying the computer flat. It's been working great for me so far (almost 2 months)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...5-owners-lounge.804575/page-158#post-10640192

MetaRvB likes this.
  7. Drekiko

Drekiko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Lol - I think I originally read both your posts about this stand and bought it. It’s pretty solid and portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I bought the same stand and got some pretty good results. On a side note, I figured that my high temperatures was caused by me using the high performance battery profile when plugged in, which keeps the CPU frequency at the Turbo boost clock (3.6Ghz I think). I started using the balanced profile and temps have been great since.

CedricFP likes this.
  9. vivithemage

vivithemage Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    digging the aero so far, but one question I had was on the hitching/lag. Every so often when moving around the desktop, the mouse freezes for a second or so, anyone run into that? This is on battery or plugged in.

How do I get the 2 in 1 audio jack working with my sennheiser game zeros? I got a 3 pole splitter, but I cannot find where to enable the mic.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  10. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I get that freeze every so often when its on a power saver mode. Also the battery life could be from not being in power saver mode. Check the smart manager and the microsoft power settings.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk