*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. hb720x

hb720x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does the non X version of the Aero 15 have the double tapping issue, or is it isolated to the 15x?

2. dy4nto

dy4nto Newbie

Reputations:
    just got my aero 15x with non usb extra large power brick. i still got seconds lag on right click in desktop , try to remove nvidia from right click menu , still got lagged , any alternative to fix this right click desktop lag ?

3. factory_666

factory_666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My 15X also came with a huge power brick. Is there an alternative power brick that I can buy with smaller dimensions, so I can carry it to work? I want to keep the large brick at home for gaming and carry the small one for work.

BTW I don't have a right click lag on Desktop.

4. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    If you have an xx70 and especially an xx80 class nVidia GPU, your powerbrick is destined to be massive.

My 15" Sager with a 980, laptop + brick was over 10LBS. Those cards need to sip some juice!

I've been cautioned in the past to not use underpowered bricks, fwiw.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rinneh and gadeshi like this.
  5. gadeshi

gadeshi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Basing on my own short charging experience I can presume that Aero 15W will not charge with underpowered power brick to avoid battery damage.
    There is a similar looking statement on GB support page (I guess) that warns us not to use inappropriate power bricks to avoid battery damage and even explosion.

6. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Has anyone notice on the aero 15 a sublte screen flicker and their trackpad if the slowly scroll left right or down it takes a bit to registers then jumps down? I cannot figure these little quarks out. They bug me more than it should.

7. gadeshi

gadeshi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No flickering at the moment.
    Just matrix backlit bleeding like were stated in same reviews but not very critical.
    Will buy and install 4K IPS screen panel myself if it'll be released somehow :)
    Maybe it'll be much better than the current one.

I even cannot catch double typing issue mentioned above.
    Touchpad works great if you'll delete Elian driver and will install Windows Precision drivers.

8. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I put the microsoft precision drivers in and it was way worse. I couldnt tell you why. It was nice having the jestures but the tracking and jitter was hard to deal with

9. Crash525

Crash525 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is anyone elses right shift key dim? Just checking if its normal or not. The picture does not do it justice on how dim it is[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Mike J Nelson

Mike J Nelson Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got my Aero 15. Everything seems to be working fine but one thing. The battery seems to drain really fast while in sleep mode. If I close the lid at night when the battery is at 100% it'll be around 33% in the morning. Has anyone else noticed battery drain while the machine is asleep?