*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. rooney111

rooney111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Absolutely love this laptop and recommend it to anyone who is on the verge of getting one. I spent hours trying to find a slim, beautiful, reasonably light weight gaming laptop with decent battery life. I can assure there isn't any other model on the market that is as good as this. (opinion)

I do however have some questions:

1. I hated the ELAN driver so I went ahead and flashed Precision Lenovo drivers. It is working great at the moment but will it cause any issues later?

2. Is there a sticky post/thread of must-do maintenance or tips for Aero 15?

3. Laptop is super quiet when browsing web. I do a lot of video editing, if the temperature reach 80degC, is it okay to turn on the fan and run it on maxspeed? If yes how long could I run the fan on maxspeed?

4. Is there a newer model of Aero coming and if yes anyone know which quarter will it be released in 2018/19? Just curious to know how often they update this series.

5. Is there any way to return the laptop to factory state if required? I ignored Gigabyte's advice of creating recovery backup USB. Really should have done it :( My concern is that I've heard flashing Windows again could get rid of Gigabyte softwares and some of the drivers that Gigabyte shipped it with and could cause issues.

Thanks heaps in advance for any reply.

2. Juniper_

Juniper_ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Rooney, as a yet-undecided buyer it's heartening to read that the Aero actually seems to work for some people ;) Can you confirm whether or not the infamous key combination issue still occurs in yours? I'd appreciate others who bought their Aero within the past months chiming in on that, too.

3. RCrego

RCrego Newbie

Reputations:
    I updated my new aero 15x to latest firmware and i noticed that now battery charging stops at 97%.

Anyone has the same issue?

4. WuXeS

WuXeS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is by far my biggest gripe with this laptop, everything else is really minor in comparison. If your replacement is exactly the same, I won't even try to replace mine, as I suspect the whole production run must be affected.

To be fair, the problem seems to be "fixable" to some extent with muscle memory - the problem is less annoying now than it was in the beginning just because I'm getting used to the keyboard. Don't get me wrong though, it's still **** and really unacceptable at this price level.

My otherwise inferior Clevo (previous laptop) had the best keyboard in the universe compared to this. Shame.

5. gadeshi

gadeshi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how to reach Aero 15 voltage settings?

6. RCrego

RCrego Newbie

Reputations:
    CPUID HWMonitor for information and intel extreme Tuning utility for modifying processor voltage.

gadeshi likes this.
  7. rooney111

rooney111 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nope, no issues there. I had the "right click on desktop one second lag" but resolved it by removing nVidia from shellview.

I'm hoping someone would answer my list of questions above as well.

8. gadeshi

gadeshi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot!

What about GPU?

9. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    My keyboard is being replaced right now.

The tech told me the key combos weren't working because the original keyboard was being programmed for some type of keyboard macro functionality that ended up being left off of these machines. He indicated a new keyboard would resolve this. (I also had rows of lighting that would intermittently go out with pressure on certain parts of the laptop, and a failing fan, right side)

I should have it back on a week or so. I'll know of the support tech is full of it or not.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. VirtualJiva

VirtualJiva Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if this is due to software, so could replacing a driver fix it like the trackpad issue? Or is it mechanical, then could a 3rd party keyboard replacement?

Also how does this laptop perform with Vr headsets? I was wanting to grab an oculus with this.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018