*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. MaanKaas

MaanKaas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey, what is not working? Do you still see the pop-up notifications, or is this not the fix you were looking for?

2. MetaRvB

MetaRvB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where did you buy the laptop from? If it's a store, then they might not accept it back since it was opened, but try contacting Gigabyte to have it serviced under warranty.

3. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Yeah, I opened the back of mine 4 times, added drives, blew out fans, and I just got a status update Thursday that they are replacing my keyboard and fans under warranty. Return shipping is covered, but you do have to pay to get it to them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. TFalaknaz

TFalaknaz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey all,

I recently received my Aero 15x from XOTICPC, and everything seems to be working absolutely fine, minus one thing.

When I right click the desktop, or click on the battery icon on the toolbar, I get a slight 0.5ms-1s freeze on my screen.

I have been trying to identify the issue, but can't seem to be able to.

I downloaded Shexview and disabled the Nvidia/Elan/Intel context menus option as another website suggested, and the right click on the desktop freeze issue went away, but the battery click freeze remained.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!

5. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's basically an optimus issue, since some of the windows animations use the dGPU for acceleration. Unfortunately there isn't a fix, the lag is from waking up the GPU when it has been idle for a long time.

6. TFalaknaz

TFalaknaz Newbie

Reputations:
    Ah thank you very much, I was worried something was wrong with the Laptop, that put me at ease!

Thanks again!

7. SG_Aura

SG_Aura Newbie

Reputations:
    If my Aero15 leave it charge even after the battery reach 100%, will it damage/degrade my battery or is it better i leave it at 95% then i slowly use until when need to charge again?? Dont want to feel the pinch of a good laptop like this =/...

8. Rohanranjan

Rohanranjan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone else's smart update not work after the last windows update? Just the loading spinning circle and then closes.

9. gadeshi

gadeshi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys.
    Meet the new Aero 15W-BK4 owner - me :)

Got it on Amazon from MobileAdvancewith Christmas gaming bundle presents (Gigabyte gaming mouse, neoprene mouse pad, slim backpack and awesome gaming BT headset).

Well, this gear is AWESOME!!!
    Even with stock thermal interfaces it doesn't exceed 75C for CPU and 65C for GPU on 3DMark TimeSpy test and I can switch off the fans at all for productivity (Web development with PHP, DBs, NodeJS, Angular and React in virtual machine) tasks.

The only disappointing things are 1 DP lane and absence of PD on TB3 port which makes any docking solution useless for it.
    First time I've thought that my HDMI/DP ports don't work either, but it has been fixed by a proper cables.

So, I'm gonna screw the warranty and apply LM on CPU and GPU both + SSD/RAM upgrades (Samsung 960 Evo 1TB NVME and Kingston HyperX Impact DDR4 2400 CL14 32GB/2x16).

However I have a question:
    Where can I find voltage options in BIOS or elsewhere?
    Aero 15 UEFI BIOS is surprisingly scarced and dumb...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  10. gadeshi

gadeshi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Works for me but shows weird outdated drivers/utils versions as official and even latest ones.