*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  2. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Seems to be inline with the reviews I've seen, which are in the Overall 4600 area. https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigab...TX-1070-Max-Q-FHD-Laptop-Review.262370.0.html

I have the Aero 15 (not the 15x) and I remember getting scores in the 3600s. Makes sense that going from GTX1060 to GTX1070 would have a pretty decent impact.

Funny, this happened to me just now. Clicking on any of the buttons on top (apps, drivers, windows update package) resulted in an alert telling me Smart Update was not connected to the internet.

I quit and reopened Smart Update and it's working again.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. redq

redq Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine is similar.
    One thing to note is that dual channel RAM improves the CPU scores. Doesn't make a difference in real world usage though.
    GPU also overclocks quite well if you are into that stuff.

4. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Did you install the windows fall creators update? If so you need to downgrade.

I was playing SWBF II just fine until that update. Mad stutter and lag immediately after installing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. NeKryXe

NeKryXe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i was informed about that a few days after i bought the Aero 15. when i found out how bad the laptop was i tried to return it, but since i opened the laptop to add an extra disk they weren't able to accept it back and they informed that by opening it i lost the warranty also. in fact my Aero 15 had all screws protected with something, like a black paint or some kind of sticker.

since then i've been trying to use the laptop as a desktop to minimize the damage i had for buying this model, but now, with the annoying noise on one fan, i can't even use it as a laptop for long next to me.

at this point i'm using an external monitor with a hub and long cables so i can have the laptop far away from me.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  6. pengalomian

pengalomian Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm facing a similar battery issue with an earlier user. Following your steps, I've noticed that my PWR draw is almost 3 times of yours.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone here able to help me out? Getting sub 3 hours of battery life at full charge makes it really hard for me to use this laptop out of home.

7. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do you have MSI Afterburner running or any temperature monitoring app open?

Temp monitoring was pegging my CPU to 5~7% usage which resulted in a 24k-ish discharge rate. Closing the monitoring cut that by over half. I don't know why it happens, but it's a reproducible bug on my system.

8. pengalomian

pengalomian Newbie

Reputations:
    only monitoring app i have is the throttlestop, do I select the stop monitoring option there? i have tried that earlier on but that does not seem to have any difference

9. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know about TS as I don't use it myself.

One major reason for over-high power drain is software rather than some kind of hardware issue in most cases from what I've read.

Check to see if you have any unusual CPU usage; is there a program pegging your CPU to 10% constantly, etc. Use task manager for that.

Otherwise I can't think of another reason, but perhaps other more experienced posters can help.

10. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can't seem to get my usage under 14W. Power Saver doesn't help. This is when I'm using chrome with a bunch of tabs open.
    @pengalomian Try doing a refresh of windows 10 (re-install windows without wiping your data). It helped me fix a bunch of issues I was having after updating to the Fall Creators update, including a power draw of 20W.