*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. MetaRvB

MetaRvB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could this be a patch for the spectre and meltdown intel vulnerabilities?

lebellium likes this.
  2. MetaRvB

MetaRvB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I do not believe this is available in aeros BIOS. I don't see it either.

3. Rovels

Rovels Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All, Is the Smart Update working in latest version on your Aero 15?

I open the software and it won't show up to the list of update.

4. Jonathan Olson

Jonathan Olson Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone! I bought an Aero 15 last year around November. I've been using it a lot, I like it in general. The problem I've been having is that there is an intermittent stutter or freeze for about half a second that affects everything from games I'm playing to youtube videos. I have my Nvidia graphics drivers up to date using smart update, but it still occurs. Does anybody else have the same stuttering issue?

5. soundoff

soundoff Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All.

I am hoping you guys can help me with some issues I am having with my Aero 15 before I send it back for a refund.

I bought the machine November last year. Really impressed with it but I noticed that when typing I am getting double key presses. For example if I type “2345” I might get “22345”. If I type “word” I might get worrd”. This also happens with the delete and backspace keys, which means I am deleting more than I want to. Obviously this is extremely annoying and makes the built in keyboard unusable.

I reported this the day after I received the machine so they sent me a replacement. It has exactly the samee problem (i left that typo there as proof!)

This is clearly a design issue, and I have been trying desperately to get through the useless support staff in AU and talk to head office about a possible solution. Gigabyte Australia seems totally uninterested in actually fixing the problem, they just want to give me a refund so that the problem goes away.

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue or who i can contact at Gigabyte? I really don't want to send this thing back as it suits me perfectly. Its such a shame they cheaped out on the keyboard and trackpad (which also sucks)

6. laptopmojo

laptopmojo Newbie

Reputations:
    For the stuttering, it's likely Optimus and is a known issue. You'll have to Google around a bit, there are some workarounds but they all compromise in somevway:; until Microsoft patches windows it'll be a problem.

7. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  8. Drekiko

Drekiko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone have New issues after updating? Currently my laptop seems to not have any real issues. Hate updating drivers / BIOS and then having to find fixes after...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Drekiko

Drekiko Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Don’t remember if anyone has posted their Time Spy 3D Mark benchmarks on the aero 15x - does this appear about average? GRAPHICS: 4894 and CPU: 3724 Overall: 4673

The only thing that has been mod on this laptop was the Diamond paste on the CPU and GPU. Curious what others are scoring and if there’s improvements I could make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  10. owenhu99

owenhu99 Newbie

Reputations:
    My laptop suddenly turned off when I was casually browsing the Internet. It does not turn on again. No LED when plugged in, no response when the power button is pressed or held (No response = screen stays black, no fan spinning, no sound at all, no LED flashing) plugged in or not. The power adaptor LED is on, so it should not be any problem with the power. How do I resolve this? Maybe its the battery? How do I perform a battery reset on the aero 15? Very disappointed with the product. Theres been many issues since I bought it three months ago.