*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Alex-

Alex- Newbie

Reputations:
    Nope just a crucial one that I believe is standard. Really strange they don't have the same ram in different versions, luckily I can find mine online if I want to add an extra one. And where did you find it for so cheap? The cheapest I could find was $1,799 but I went with XOTIC because they were the only ones that had a no frills return policy if open and used whereas newegg and b&h can hit you with restocking fees (actually b&h will rarely allow a return) for open box computers - for me that peace of mind was worth the 100 because I wasn't sure if I would like it.

2. AresHarvest

AresHarvest Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Amazon.com (both sold by and fulfilled by amazon). The green one was $100 cheaper than the other colors, so I bought it instead of the black one I originally wanted.

Edit: I just checked the listing, all colors are back up to $1799 now.

3. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Anyone had troubles with your fans? Pretty sure a bearing is going out on my right-side fan. I need to replace it ASAP.\\

Anyone have a part number?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been noticing a slight clicking noise from my right side fan at higher RPMs lately.

Is that what you experienced?

5. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    It was at lower RPMs, but I work/game pretty regularly, so my fans are fast and slow all day long. I first recognized it when it was on min, but now I hear it no matter the fan speed.

I called, they have to RMA it. PITA since this is my work machine.

Anything else I should have them fix when I send it in? lol

I already have them fixing my keyboard backlighting turning on/off when I put pressure on certain areas of the laptop. Also, the rep said they can fix the combination keystrokes like (Ctrl+Shift+Down), supposedly they had the keyboard programmed for Macros or something?

6. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    But was it a clicking sound?

I game and work on this machine frequently, too, and during the day will switch fan profiles from quiet to gaming perhaps 5 times. When I game, however, it's usually for at least an hour so the fan spins at the high RPM for some time.

With that said, I've noticed that when I leave a game, and the fan is spinning down a bit and there's no game sound anymore, I'll hear a slight clicking.

I also can hear a weird single 'click' whenever I switch my profile from quiet to gaming and the fans start up. That wasn't there originally so it's starting to worry me.

I hope I don't have to go through an RMA because I got this notebook second hand, and the original buyer wasn't comfortable giving his original receipt. I live in SE Asia where proof of purchase requirements is a common way they can get out of RMAs, despite RMAs being serial number based.

7. NeKryXe

NeKryXe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i always hated Aero 15 since the day this pile of trash arrive at my home. even so i al least expected to be able to use this junk for at least one year --- but i was wrong. after less than 3 moths of use the fans are now doing such and insane noise that i was forced to stop using the laptop for any function that requires me to use the fan even in the lowest speed (because the noise is not caused by speed, but clearly because of the cheap components that gigabyte uses).

i wasn't already using the stupid screen of this laptop because of those problems that everybody knows, and now i can't even use the laptop at all. i used all my laptops for more than 5 years, all of them. my last asus i used for more than 7 years, it's still running perfectly, and this thing didn't even last for 3 months. gigabyte is clearly the worst laptop brand i ever tested. Aero 15 is unspeakably bad almost at all points. amazing :\

those who are thinking on buy it avoid at all costs, and if you have one... be prepared because the fans will start doing crazy noises very soon.

8. NeKryXe

NeKryXe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    that's how it started with my Aero 15. after a few weeks it will start doing such an insane and annoying click sound permanently that you will never be able to use the laptop again.

i'm thinking in put it into a box (closed) and if i can isolate the noise i'll continue using this junk as a laptop. i wasn't using the horrible screen anyway. i can't wait to find a way to buy a normal laptop and never use this thing again. what a fraud!

9. timgarbim

timgarbim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know any place in EUA with the notebook in stock ?

10. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The aero 15 is in stock on amazon. The 15x is the one harder to find.

Enviado de meu Pixel 2 usando Tapatalk