*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wouldn't bother going to that length if you necessarily have to (like installing a 1TB SSD). It's one large partition and a small part dedicated to the recovery partition. I'd advise leaving the recovery partition alone. Create a recovery USB before doing anything as there have been a few people here replacing the SSD not doing that and messing up the laptop as the SSD didn't work.

2. sfajon

sfajon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi agent_pires
    thanks for your answer.
    just to make sure I got your point well (I am not native english speaking...)

the computer comes with a recovery partition and the main partition
    this recovery contains the factory reset datas I assume

the recovery USB you are talking about, should I create it using the microsoft tool ?

3. Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    HDMI and I don't remember the error code, unfortunately which would be a key element. The next time I see it, I will post!

Seems to happen after just a couple of hours. If I leave my laptop and then go run an errand or something and come back is when I see it.

4. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes so the main drive is split into recovery and main data. You can create the recovery USB using the pre-installed gigabyte tool as it has everything device specific needed for the laptop.

5. Xelnok

Xelnok Newbie

Reputations:
    So I got my laptop in and it keeps saying a USB device not recognized and the keyboard isn't working at all. Is that a hardware issue, or is it something that can be resolved through driver or bios updates?

Edit, so it looks like if I put certain pressure on parts of the keyboard it disconnects, but if I push in a little from the bottom of the laptop it reconnects. Does anyone know where the keyboard connection is on the inside to see if it has a loose connection somewhere? I got it used for 1600 with and extra Samsung 960 pro 512 gb and 32 gb ram, so I would love to keep it if I can solve the keyboard disconnection, if not I might have to send it back.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  6. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How's everyone finding the new Fall Creators update?

7. Kiwikunnt

Kiwikunnt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What software are people using to undervolt. I would like to try and undervolt mine and was wondering what people think is best to use.

8. HussainQ

Reputations:
    I used Intel XTU as I find it simple to use. I was able to get mine to -135mV.

9. Kiwikunnt

Kiwikunnt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What do you stress test with for stability?

10. HussainQ

Reputations:
    I use the built in Stress Test for the CPU. Additionally I have a USB-C monitor (runs off the CPU) and OW running in the background. Someone was able to get -150mV but I couldn't get that on my end.

The best way would be to just test it at small increments.

^This video has what I'm trying to say. I didn't follow this guide exactly since I knew that the CPU is definitely stable at -135mV. I haven't dared to go beyond it.