*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. ryajso

ryajso Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hopped on the Aero 15 train about a month ago and I LOVE IT! My only issue is the left USB 3.0 port, for some reason, it doesn't want to install drivers for new devices, it supplies power to some things like my USB fan but not others like my Keyboad. Furthermore, it does data with my external HDD but my literally no other device will connect when plugged in, sometimes a flash drive will flicker but it never shows up in windows. This leads me to believe that it's more a software/firmware issue? It's really strange and I really don't want to send this laptop in for repair. If anyone has had a similar issue or knows a potential fix, that would really help me out!

hmscott likes this.
  2. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is your external HDD self-powered or using external power?
    Looks like your USB port is not able to deliver power and transmit data at the same time. That doesn't look good and may be an hardware issue.

For people who encounter micro-stuttering on Youtube with Firefox and iGPU, it looks like the latest Windows Fall Creators Update (1709) fixed the issue in my case. I'm happy!

hmscott likes this.
  3. Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ahhh so it's not just me! I actually receive a BSOD once in awhile when resuming with this configuration as well. Not fun.

4. Osmond

Osmond Newbie

Reputations:
    Has any had any problems not getting onto the bios startup menu? Everytime i start up the laptop, i am pressing F9, Delete, and other buttons but nothing is working to take me to BIOS.

5. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a different problem where my laptop automatically wakes up and has to be put to sleep again when an external usb-c monitor is connected.

6. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Got a -150mV working pretty easily. Temps are way way better now. CPU was thermal throttling in BF1 quite fast before.

I updated the BIOS and keyboard firmware, but there’s a keyboard issue making me crazy. Some keys just don’t work when others are pressed. For instance, in CS GO if I’m moving quietly ( W and SHIFT ), TAB wont work. Some other key combinations also won’t work when pressed together

7. deoFusion

deoFusion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How is your monitor connected? HDMI, miniDP, TB3, etc? What is the error code?

Does it happen ever time, or is it more likely to happen after a long sleep (e.g. overnight)?

Is it HDMI or DP over USB-C?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  8. HussainQ

Reputations:
    Mine is DPAlt over USB-C (so runs off the CPU).
    My mDP doesn't work because I don't have an active cable.

9. HussainQ

Reputations:
    -150mV crashes my PC when launching something resource intensive like a game (Overwatch in my case).

10. sfajon

sfajon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All,
    Brand new on this forum, don't know if I should present myself so kindly let me know if requested.

I am willing to purchase the Aero 15 or Aero 15 X
    I used to order my laptops to schenker (clevo) without OS, so it been a while I havent received a preinstalled laptop.

Can you guys let me know what partition is set in factory
    is it full 500Go for C drive or shared

I have read most of your posts here, but I need few confirmations :

in order to backup the version and licence of windows that comes with the computer
    Media Creation tool from microsoft ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ) will do the job ? no need for anything else ?
    will it backup windows only or include all bloatwares and currently installed softs
    will it backup the installed drivers ?

Once I got my ISO or windows USB stick,
    can I safely format the original SSD and install windows on a new SSD ?
    or is there any trick ?

Will be glad if you guys can answer those few questions
    Thanks a lot

sylvain