*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yep, no problem.
    Maybe try a clean re-install of your dGPU drivers.

2. tzincp

tzincp Newbie

Reputations:
    ok, I gave that a second shot, no dice. I'm fairly convinced the dGPU is not the issue

3. Dinzy

Dinzy Newbie

Reputations:
    YOU ALL ALL ALL NEED TO WATCH THIS AND FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL TO IMPROVE YOUR TRACKPAD - my gigabyte has gone from an 8/10 to a straight 15/10... im a student and the ability to switch through multiple windows, toggle volume through my trackpad etc. is a MUST

video by Dave2D linked on how to add precision trackpad to the gigabyte aero 15 <3

4. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice to see Dave2D has put this up. Did this few months back when I got the original Aero 15.

5. tzincp

tzincp Newbie

Reputations:
    Still having issues with the battery life, question about the dGPU activity, the indicator in the taskbar supplied by the nvidia drivers shows the gpu as inactive, but gpuZ shows the gpu running (at a low clock speed but still) and smart manager shows the dGPU temp rather than saying "idle". This behavior persists even if I close and re open the monitoring software. Shouldn't the dGPU temp be unreadable when its inactive?

6. Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Love Dave 2D. Saw this on his channel and did it. Much better, though I don't think the ELAN implementation on this laptop is as bad as it usually is.

7. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Kill the monitoring application's service (or temporarily uninstall it). That will help.

PS: Just to make sure it's not the battery, turn off Hardware acceleration in the BIOS (basically disables the dGPU completely) and see what the battery life is then.

8. Osmond

Osmond Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, been reading a lot on the forum and just got my Aero 15. I was wondering if anyone has a fix for the time it takes to open and load regular tasks like opening the file explorer or chrome. It takes me about 4 seconds to just open the file explorer and some more to just load chrome.

Also, the pesky icons in the start menu keep popping back up after i restart my computer after I remove them, any fix for that?

9. Osmond

Osmond Newbie

Reputations:
    Actually, windows just crashed after opening chrome. I got this from GentechPC with the addition to 32gb ram and added the CLU on the CPU and GPU. Would anyone know what I can try to download to fix it or a driver that might need updating?

10. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    Hey anyone noticed any screen lighting changes when watching Netflix? I bought the laptop when it first came out and didn't notice this a few months back. I just started using the laptop again after 2 months because I was stuck in the hospital but now noticing that it happens on Netflix only and not youtube. On smart manager I have it set on X-Rite Pantone color, don't know whats going on.