*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Blenton

Blenton Newbie

Reputations:
  2. hb720x

hb720x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    In regards to the keyboard issue, can any October buyers of the Aero 15 confirm whether the issue of some shortcuts not working is still there? And what is the light usage battery life like? Thanks.

3. Kiwikunnt

Kiwikunnt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I ordered mine in late September and I have no issues with the keyboard as far as I can tell. I have tested it in multiple different keyboard testing software and the only issue that came up was that both shifts register as the left one but I dont know if that matters for you.
    I am getting 7-8 hours of battery life when taking it to class for university so word docs, internet etc. using chrome so I think thats pretty good considering I havent undervolted yet and havent tweaked the settings either.

4. Kiwikunnt

Kiwikunnt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I tried this with no luck, any other ideas out there?

5. JiDey247

JiDey247 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. tzincp

tzincp Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone:
    I've been watching this thread for a while, and just got my aero 15 today :)
    I have to say the build quality is above what I expected, but I am wondering why I am unable to get more than about 5 hrs of battery life. I have updated smart manager, I've got nvidia optimus set up, the dGPU is not running, I've even undervolted (approx -140mV, haven't pushed it yet), I've got the power plan set up for battery, yet battery bar pro is showing a discharge rate of 15,000 - 20,000mW. I was expecting closer to 9 hours with the laptop configured properly... what am I missing? My last laptop (Acer aspire V15 Vn7-592G) would run well under 10,000mW in this configuration.
    Thanks

7. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any monitoring applications like MSI Afterburner? That was the cause of my bad battery life (for some reason).

8. tzincp

tzincp Newbie

Reputations:
    nope, the nvidia driver taskbar icon thing shows the gpu inactive
    looks kind of like this:
    [​IMG]

9. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's fine. The GPU would still be inactive since the monitoring programs don't use it.
    Any other monitoring programs? Also, I don't have experience with Windows 7 so I wouldn't know if that's a factor.

10. tzincp

tzincp Newbie

Reputations:
    nope, no other monitoring programs, and I'm in windows 10, that is a pic I found online bc I couldn't see how to upload a picture to this page... I have that same icon in my taskbar, but I'm in windows 10
    and thanks for the help btw