*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the normal aero 15 and its been a few months and i love it, ive already made half the money back editing off this laptop away from home (was the whole reason i purchased) I can also run games i love playing pubg or fortnite on it during those long nights. One issue is the speakers dont get that loud but i am fine with that and the caps key does not have a light indicator nothing too bad. i did stock her up to 32gb of ram and 2 ssd's and i have had no issues the battery life is good and the 1080p screen is crisp i use my "4k" ultrawide screen with my desktop and i cant really tell any difference at a screen this size, i did connect this laptop via hdmi just to test it out and it was nice it handled 4k tasks well (not gaming). But all in all was a good buy i just hope they add more features to the light software and new macro abilities.

frostwarefx and kllla like this.
  2. xor01

xor01 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No Aero 14 Owner's Lounge? or it is combined here?

3. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can't confirm with the Aero 15X... personally on my Aero 15 there are some combinations that might not work but I don't use them so it hasn't affected me.

4. Kiwikunnt

Kiwikunnt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if its possible to get the usb ports to still provide power while the computer is sleeping?
    I have a wireless mouse that has a usb charging dock that I would like to charge overnight when my laptop is in hibernation/sleep.

5. Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just received this laptop a couple of days ago. So far, I love it. Backlight bleed isn't too much of an issue, though a corner does appear a bit pinched but not awful. It's fast, cool and relatively quiet so I'm happy.

However, I have updated all drivers using Smart Update but I'm still seeing weird blotchiness in images. I was experiencing this on YouTube before I disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome, which fixed it. It's a weird pixelated, rainbow effect on images. Nothing to do with the display itself as everything else looks clean and crisp around the image.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried reinstalling the graphics driver.

6. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There is one, it's probably just been buried under all the new threads.

7. HussainQ

Reputations:
    Could be the browser? I get a weird colour shift sometimes when the UI disappears/appears.

8. Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ah yes! I don't know why I didn't test this before....everything looks fine in edge. Wonder why I'm having this issue in Chrome.

9. HussainQ

Reputations:
    Someone else was having the same issue. I would turn off hardware acceleration, but that puts quite the load on the CPU, which makes for an ineffective gaming + video watching experience :L

10. kllla

kllla Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Okay, this is obviously a cross post from the Aero 15x threaad, but can you guys tell us what memory the 15x comes with? parts number and brand?