*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    I have an issue where the P key stops responding randomly, but I can't reproduce it, a reboot resolves.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. mobellini

mobellini Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, I have no hands-on experience with the blade so I cant really compare the two. Fans do get pretty loud at 100%, but not so much that its heard over my speakers or headphones.

I dont have a proper dB meter - but according to the app on my phone (not the best accuracy) its about 45-50 dB at 100% fan speed and 20-25dB during a gaming load.

3. quickie

quickie Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just got mine in. At 100% its not near as loud as the blade. I don't think it will hit the 100% mark. Can you do me a favor and look at your right shift and let me know if its not as bright as the other keys? I might have a dead LED or is it just a bad lighting area.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  4. mobellini

mobellini Newbie

Reputations:
    Ha, yeah mine is definitely not as bright either. At first I thought it was faulty but then realised its just dim. Might be the LED placement under the key?

5. quickie

quickie Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    thats what I am thinking. Other than that this laptop is amazing. I haven't played a game yet all still downloading.

6. mobellini

mobellini Newbie

Reputations:
    It's pretty spectacular. I've just been playing Doom on Ultra with a 1440p external monitor and its locked out at 60fps.

7. natbyte

natbyte Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have also noticed from quickies pictures also has the design fault of the left shift key being dimmer than any other key on the keyboard at any brightness levels.

I initially thought mine was faulty as I did not use the lighting at all and only noticed during much later testing this issue, after removing the key it seems to just be poor placement of the LEDs that do not allow the true brightness to illuminate the word "shift" this issue is only on the left shift key.

8. Deep90

Deep90 Newbie

Reputations:
    Quick question, as i'm interested in the laptop. Does the problem still happen even with an external keyboard? I feel like I can live with it, if the shortcuts work on a plugged in keyboard. Would you still recommend purchasing it?

9. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There's no issues with plugged in keyboards.

10. lstrak

lstrak Newbie

Reputations:
    So your implying there are still issues with aero keyboard? I read on us forum that Gigabye was using 3 different suppliers for keyboard (best way to create quality control issues ...) and now they only use one.

When I used an external keyboard I didn’t not see any freeze or other issues.

Any way to fix this or is it purely a hardware issue?

I just received RMA authorization so unless I can fix this somehow tonight I am sending mine back ;(

Thanks