*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Try installing it in safe mode?
    I think your only option then would be to factory reset through gigabyte's recovery mode, which I only recommend if you don't have a lot of things to backup.

2. bobzilla85

bobzilla85 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All - I just picked up the new Aero15x, but I am having some issues after a clean install. did a complete clean install, reformatted the partitions (have been burnt by bloatware previously) etc.

I'm posting here because they are essentially the same laptop (and being so new, i assume someone here has had similar problems).

Now I am having a world of pain getting some of the drivers installed again (Gigabyte do not have the updated drivers on their site, just for the Aero15). Issues:
    1: The Smart Update does install, but does not start. Returning a "0x07b" error box
    2: The fusion app is in startup, but the keyboard firmware is unable to be updated. When i run "Fusion FW Update" (Fusion_V1.2.0.exe), i get an endless "Connecting AP" status, and eventually cannot connect
    3: Can not update bios - Get a "SmartFlash is not compatible with your machine"

Basically, the computer is running fine, but the keyboard is stuck on the RGB settings - I can not turn this off. I'm not sure if there is any other useful things i am missing.

Thoughts?

3. rkostadinov

rkostadinov Newbie

Reputations:

Can you please test the keyboard and tell us if the problem with the keyboard still persists? Can you check some Ctrl+Alt+Key combinations?

4. natbyte

natbyte Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The keyboard on the Aero 15X is running firmware 3.0.1 and from my quick tests is fixed, possibly a hardware revision of the keyboard, if you have any specific key combos let me know and I will try them.

5. natbyte

natbyte Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Providing you created the recovery image on a USB stick, you can extract Smart Update from the 15X recovery image, running this allows you to download the correct drivers, just use 7 Zip to browse the image files and extract the software.

However the currently posted Gigabyte Fusion keyboard software for the Aero 15 does not seem to work on the Aero 15X, I used the Smart Update to install the Fusion software for the 15X from the 15X recovery image and that worked correctly, no keyboard firmware is available for the 15X.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Vistar Shook and bobzilla85 like this.
  6. bobzilla85

bobzilla85 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks @natbyte, but that's the issue - i blew away the recovery partition when i reformatted the drive for the clean install :(

7. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah I know, I actually quoted somebody else who was asking about the trackpad and it was not a reply to you.

I actually have no idea what is going on with your smart manager and why it isn't opening.

Since the laptop is brand new, I might just try resetting to factory settings, or doing a fresh install of Windows.

Wrt to bios updates, I've had no issue updating my bios through smart update. One thing to watch out for is that the PC will look like it's about to reboot but will actually shut down. That gave me a bit of a scare the first go around.

HunterAP likes this.
  8. Morningkill

Morningkill Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay, at least :
    Ctrl + Left shift + Down: NOK (Down recognized as Up)
    Ctrl + Right shift + Left: NOK (not recognized at all)
    Ctrl + Left shift + Space: NOK (Space recognized as B)

9. qokdoz

qokdoz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, my Aero 15 X just arrived yesterday

@Morningkill: Key combos seem to work well, no problems so far.

Still, I had a weird problem with the keyboard: When I use keyboard backlight with the Gigabyte Fusion app, from time to time some keys go really crazy.

For instance, when I press number 2 once, i get like: 23333
    When I press the letter s, I get like: sdddd
    Sometimes Windows Key doesnt work.

All of that doesnt happen, when I turn keyboard backlight off, though. Does anyone now what the problem is here?

10. lstrak

lstrak Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all I just received my Aero 15x

1. Keyboard combos seem to work fine

2. Keyboard seems stiff and noticed, while playing WOT that the “D” key was not very responsive and seemed not to register properly. For example my tank would stop moving forward although I was lressing the D key. I am not sure if this is due to pressure required so currently still experimenting. A bit annoyed really it feels like you need to press really hard. Any ideas/ suggestions on how to test this and find if it’s a hardware issue?

3. Machine runs smoothly and it doesn’t get as hot / noise. Gaming WOT at ultra settings gives c. 72C for cpu and 50-60C for gpu.

4. Backlight bleed is evident on the panel (pic attached). Even with lights on due to backlight bleed colours of the win log in screen at the top right corner show washed / faded. Do you think this is acceptable for a £2k laptop?

5. You cans apply the latest Nvidia game ready drivers as GeForce experience doesn’t let you and Gigabyte uses older version.

kllla and Vistar Shook like this.