*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Dinzy

Dinzy Newbie

Reputations:
    GUYS has anyone found a way to improve the GOD AWFUL TRACKPAD on this laptop? It is the biggest letdown on this computer. Perhaps also a way to add windows 10 gestures??? PLEASE HELP :D

2. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Somewhere back in this thread, there was a solution posted on how to hack Windows Precision drivers onto the Aero 15. I did it and it's much much better.

However, I can't remember who made the post, nor how to do it myself, so you'll probably just have to go digging through the thread =\

Maybe do a search for "Windows Precision" or "trackpad" - it should come up.

3. HunterAP

HunterAP Newbie

Reputations:
    Got this laptop just last week, and it's a huge step up from my now defunct Asus G46VW, but I've run into quite a big problem.

Smart Manager worked at first, but I believe my antivirus, BitDefender, broke it. I've completely uninstalled BitDefender for the time being, but Smart Manager still refuses to work, no matter how I uninstall and reinstall it.

I've tried:
    uninstalling -> installing version 6.7.9 manually -> restarting
    uninstalling -> installing version 6.9.7 beta manually -> restarting
    uninstalling -> installing version 6.9.9 from Smart Update -> restarting

None of these work. I've also put in a support ticket for the issue, but all the person said was that either an antivirus program or Logitech software are interfering with it, but I don't see how that makes sense. I do have the Logitech Gaming Software for my mouse and headset, but I've tried doing all those installations I mentioned with that software not opening at system startup, so I don't know what to do.

Has anyone else experienced this?

4. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. YoungG

YoungG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any news on 4K ?

6. YoungG

YoungG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anybody purchased 1070 max-q version? If so, please let us know if the keyboard issues still persist or not.
    And any news on 4K version?

7. HunterAP

HunterAP Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, this doesn't apply to my issue. The post you linked is about someone fixing their ELAN mousepad driver issues, but mine is with Smart Manager software itself. All of my drivers are up to date, the only thing I haven't updated is the BIOS because I'm not sure if I should do that through Smart Update or from the Gigabyte support page. I doubt that updating my BIOS will fix my Smart Manager issue, though.

8. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What happens exactly when you double click on the Smart Manager exe?
    Nothing happens? The app crashes?

Is there GBSMV2.exe in the Tasks manager when lauching Smart Manager?
    When you say "restarting" is it the PC or the program?

Did you try uninstalling it, clean the register entries with ccleaner, reboot the computer, and install it again?

9. HunterAP

HunterAP Newbie

Reputations:
    When I run it (both as regular user and admin), my mouse cursor shows that the app loads, then my screen quickly switches between the different "color profiles" that are normally available through Smart Manager, then nothing loads. When I look for GBSMV2.exe in Task Manager, I see that it starts up, but then closes itself out. When looking in Event Viewer, I see that Windows reported that it crashed with some info that doesn't really help me figure out the cause.

I even opened up the Windows crash dump file in Windbg, which still didn't provide any insight on the issue.

When I said "restarting", I meant restarting the laptop. When I uninstalled Smart Manager in those scenarios I mentioned, I used CCleaner before rebooting and after rebooting to clear out any leftover registry entries, so what I did more specifically was:
    uninstall -> clear leftover registry entries with CCleaner -> reboot the laptop -> clear leftover registry entries with CCleaner again -> install Smart Manager -> reboot the laptop.
    The issue still persists :(
    Wish Gigabyte's support team would respond faster than maybe one message per week.

10. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I'm afraid I can't help more about this as it seems to me you did everything right so far :/

Since you already bothered uninstalling BitDefender, you could also uninstall the Logitech software just to be sure but as you said, that doesn't make much sense.