*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Eletronics are more expensive in Europe, so to compare, it would be best to use European retail price ($2099), which would be 300 euros difference, the difference should be about the same in the US, but in dollars, i.e. $300. I am speculating though, other OEM´s have been charging $200 (or a little more) for the 1070MQ over the 1060.

2. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In that case, my argument edges towards redundancy. :L

3. Arix

Arix Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello! So, I've been looking through this forum as I've heard a lot about Ctrl+Shift+Various Key-combos not working, even after updates? People say that the update fixed some combos but not all. However, the newest info I can find on this is from ~4 months ago; Does anybody know the status of this now? I've heard about things like that there was a recall and that they fixed it since, or that there never was a recall, and I just really want to know for sure because I am very seriously considering purchasing this laptop within the next couple of weeks, since it seems like a very nice laptop, especially considering all alternatives.

Thanks in advance!

4. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There have been updates, but I think the last was a few weeks ago.
    I think it also depends on the batch + your usage. For example, I have little use of ctrl+shift+key controls, and the ones I use work fine. The only one that didn't work for me was ctrl+shift+down (which registers as ctrl+shift+up). This is remedied by using the right side ctrl+shift keys rather than the left. It is kind of annoying, but again, I have no use for that particular combination.

5. JiDey247

JiDey247 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Gigabyte told me end of September however I'm not sure I can trust them about this information. But I guess it's coming really soon

6. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The max-q version is only £100 more compared to the normal Aero 15.

7. Morningkill

Morningkill Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    More 2300€, in France anyway.
    I'm going to wait for .. keyboard review... and I'm still thinking about the new ultra portabled from asus and acer (nitro spin 5 / zenbook flip 15 )

Vistar Shook likes this.
  8. Alvin_0425

Alvin_0425 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, may I know how do you configure the bios for the samsung 960 pro 512gb ssd?
    Newbie here who just got an Aero15

9. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    On the other hand, an overclocked desktop 1070 is more powerful than the underclocked/undervolted mobile 1070 Max-Q. If you are running an external QHD, for example, the gaming box is still worth a look. Honestly the 1060 is a pretty good pairing for an FHD screen. I'd wait to see notebookcheck's review before pulling the trigger on the 1070 Max-Q version, as they will likely have a good comparison between 15 and 15x for frame rates, noise, temps, etc. We may also find there are other tweaks and updates in the 15x.

hmscott likes this.
  10. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'd like to know the same thing. I posted a coyote days ago asking because only one drive shows up even when I have two installed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk